Chapter 2: Arrival

It has been a year and a bit since the Fifth Holy Grail War. Tohsaka and I moved to England recently and we had been staying in a hotel for a few days. We had yet to find an apartment to stay in that was close to the Clocktower, so we spent some time looking for one. Of course, we did go sightseeing quite a bit. I think this was the first time I had ever been to England, but some of the sights felt a bit familiar, yet I can't quite reason why.

There were so many intricately detailed landmarks, such as the grand Buckingham Palace, and the Tower Bridge which hovered over the waters of the Thames. We visited the Shard and the view from there was magnificent. Especially because of the sunset. The crimson view from here was stunning. I could see the whole of London in its glory, bathed in a warm and nostalgic light, as if the King of Knights' holy light was shrouding the city.

I never was able to say goodbye to her, but I won't forget everything she did to save me. I won't forget the fact that the city I see before me still exists because she had forsaken her wish in the end. Actually, forsaken isn't the right word to use. It's not as if she had just lost hope and abandoned everything she wished to change. She came to accept that, although her leadership may have not led to her desired outcome, the undeniable truth is that she followed her ideals till the very end. Therefore, there is no need for her to change her past or this future.

'Shirou, it is getting late now, I think we should go back.' Tohsaka said to me. 'We can do even more sightseeing tomorrow. I want to ride the London Eye now.' 

As she says that, she points to the circular Ferris Wheel. The sun beams through it an ominous red.

As I lay there dying, looking up to the heavens, or maybe it was hell, all I could see was a blood red sky. At the centre of it all, was a gaping chasm. A void in the sky connecting to some sort of abyssal hell, leaking a blood-red, flaming mud that engulfed the city. All I thought to myself was: who knew death would feel this lonely.