Chapter 𝙏𝙬𝙤

Enez Lyons
Physics Class
7:45 a.m.

"You don't know yo own name, shawty?" I ask teasingly.

"Shut up, it's just early in da morning," she rolls her eyes. She begins filling out a sheet of paper for this station. I take my pencil from behind my ear and grab a paper too. How many times had I used that excuse before? That it's just "early in da morning".

"What grade you in?" I ask.

"Ain't it all juniors up in here," she shrugs.

So shawty got an attitude? I hope all her little friends don't act like that Nina girl or we ain't gonna mesh together well. "Some people coulda failed or whatever. But I'ma junior too," I answer.

"You look like a senior," she comments, rubbing her eraser against her face. "You gon break out, doin allat," I comment. She only rolls her eyes, but stops. "I flunked back in Baltimore," I shrug. Her brows rose for a second. "The accent gave you away. But damn, you flunked?"

"Yup," I answer, stretching a bit.

"How are things coming along?" the teacher asks, coming over to our station with a mug of coffee cupped in her hands. "Good," the group answers in unison. I hadn't learned shit about these people, and I honestly didn't care. It was Dynera that intrigued me, or rather, Dy.

The teacher moved on to another group.

I finished my paper and started biting on my nails.

"Why you come to Houston?" Dynera asks.

"Family reasons," I shrug. Gangs tryna chase us. You know, the regular shit. Dynera nods along like she understands. "You know anybody here?" she then asks. "Nahh," I shake my head, putting my pencil back behind my ear.

"Come sit wit me and my people for lunch," she offers, putting her paper at the center of the table.

"Bet. I appreciate it," I smile.

"That real?" Dynera gestures to my chain.

"Of course. Ian wearing no Forever 21 necklaces," I laugh. "No Shein necklaces," Dynera adds in, laughing too. I play with my chain a bit, waiting for the teacher to tell us when to switch stations again.

"We get straight in da lunch line, then we sit near the back windows. They actually got some good school food here," Dynera shrugs. So she was tryna make small talk now, huh?

"Bet, food back home was trash. I used to sneak out and go to Sonic everyday," I tell her.

"Ain't no sneaking out here, they patrol heavy during the lunches. Especially after that threat last year on campus."

"Damn," I mumble.

"I be ordering food doh, sometimes," Dynera shrugged. Without talking, we move towards the next station together, even though the groups really supposed to split up and go with different people. Since we supposed to be meeting all of our peers in this Physics class.

"Hey, I'm Londynn," Dy's friend sticks her hand out towards me. "Wassup," I nod, shaking her hand firmly. She was the girl in the PINK hoodie. "I'm Nina," the stud from the cafeteria nods at me.

"You got some serious hands," I smirk, even though I felt like she did baby girl wrong. But then again, I don't know the full story. "Thanks," the other stud smirked, rubbing the back of her neck. We all start on the paper we have to fill out.

I boredly lie and say my favorite past time is listening to music and drawing. All I do is smoke blunts though. Rollin up all day, everyday. Today would be the first day I hadn't did my morning smoke. That's probably why I was feeling antsy but reserved.