Chapter 𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

Dynera (Die) Ericks
Nina's Townhouse
4:33 p.m.

"And you're sure this is Enez, right?" Nina asks me for the fifth time. We're getting ready in her room. Her parents are having a movie night to themselves while we go to the little party my last true best friend had begged me to go to.

"Yes I'm sure," I exclaim.

I had told Nina about the IG messages Enez and I had exchanged earlier today. "But what if somebody just hacked it?"

"She's had it since Baltimore. And- And everything she says just makes sense," I shrug with a happy grin on my face.

"You haven't known her that long. You don't know if she's told people that sort of stuff before, Dynera."

I pout at Nina but she only shrugs.

"I'm not gonna lose you too, Die."

The room is silent for awhile.

"So who's this new guy Londynn been flapping ha lips around town about. Will not shut up about him for shit," I roll my eyes, attempting to break the silence.

"Some nigga named Todd," Nina cackles.

"Todd? He white?" I ask curiously.

"Die, that's racist," Nina gasps, still laughing.

"Just askin," I shrug.

"Nahh, but apparently her brother Wallace den hooked her up with a guy." I shoot Nina a look. "Yeah, I know, I know. You don't hear too much about brothers hooking sisters up with dates. But apparently the nigga's from Baltimore."

I scoff.

The only person I fuck with from Baltimore- scratch that- the only person's that I fuck with from Baltimore as of right now is Enez and Eda.

"So what- Londynn tryna get pregnant by him or something." All our years of friendship had been torn down by Londynn betraying Enez and telling Wallace to snitch on her family. Londynn's just a dirty bitch now. This high school shit wasn't even worth it. To fuck Enez and Eda up like that.

"Probably," Nina says slowly, shrugging.

I'm dressed in a dress tonight. I know, I know. Die you not a stud no more? I am. I just decided to go with something a bit different.

"Should I invite Enez with us?" I ask carefully.

"I mean, if you truly think it's her and not someone else," Nina trails off. We silently get ready after that while I debate on Nina's words.

After we're done getting ready, Nina and I get into the Uber she ordered. "I'm nervous," I admit. I hadn't had any fun since Enez, it seems. Maybe Nina's right and this isn't Enez that we invited to the party. Maybe it's a bad person, but I miss Enez so much that I'm willing to risk it.

Even if I lose my last friend.

Sad, right?

"I wonder if Londynn will be here," Nina grumbled as we pulled up. "I had to quit at McDonald's so I wouldn't have to see her stupid ass," I comment, snickering. "Everybody know they spit in people's food there anyways. At least at that location fo sho," Nina comments.

We step out and all eyes are on Nina and I.

Not in a "oh wow they're so hot" way, but in a "some drama finna go down" way. I sigh as Nina helps me out and we head to the front door. Some people linger outside but the real fun is inside. The smell of liquor and other forms of pleasure waft through the air. Upstairs is off limits for the people who buy their private rooms- 20 dollars. Downstairs is for everyone invited. I swear niggas was starting to treat high school parties like it was a company.