Chapter 𝙁𝙞𝙫𝙚

Enez Lyons
First Day of School
10:02 a.m.

This time I'm the one to walk her to her class. I'm itching for it to be the end of the day though, so I can beat Eda's ass and hug her all at the same time. Don't she know niggas after us? I always need to know where she is and who's she with.

I shoot her another text, even though I doubt I'll get a response back. My mind's already a bit more paranoid than your average person because I stay smoking that good shit. I'm trying not to think that the worse has happened to my baby sister. I'm really trying.

Die flirts with me a bit before I leave her in the hallway to go to my fourth period. I think I'm really feeling her, but she don't seem to want much from me. I think I'm just fun flirting for her, but...I could really see us having something eventually. I'm not gon shoot my shot just yet though, I haven't known her that long. I wanna feel her out some more, before my tongue do.

I smirk to myself as I enter the classroom. Of course, the few students who were trickling in from lunch eyeball me, but I find a comfortable seat in the back right corner and pull out my phone.

"Hey. Remember me from earlier?" the little sophomore from breakfast says. I like the way her lavender hair compliments her skin, and the way her brown eyes twinkle in the light, but shawty was just too young for my liking. Maybe next year I can work some shit out with her- never mind, ima be big 18.

See, I could really fuck with a youngin, but you know, you only limited to hugging and flirting when you do. I like to fuck my women, so that just don't work with me. That's why I can't do no underage hoes once I'm 18. I need to be able to touch and satisfy my woman. That's when shit start to get illegal. "Sorry ma," I start shaking my head, giving her a weak smile. She already knows what I mean so she gives me a little wave before going to sit down.

She must be smart though, to be a sophomore in a junior's Algebra 2 class. I'll give her that. Smart and beautiful. The perfect combo. I'd like to think I was one of those things, but lacking in the other area.

The teacher introduced themself to the class. I ignore em, then I go back on my phone. I don't bother reading the syllabus, and instead I play Dynera at a game of Basketball.

She's actually pretty dope at this, and I realize that I'm struggling to keep up. I already know if I lose, this will be a topic of discussion for the rest of the year. My mind briefly goes back to the lockdown Die said we had. I really can't believe I slept through that shit. I mention that to her in between us playing the game, resting my cheek on my hand as I text her.

After class, where I didn't pay attention to shit, I go to Die's class. "What y'all do in y'all class?" she asks me.

"You ever realize how much you say y'all?" I ask her, laughing. "Nahh lemme stop, and ion know, I wasn't really paying attention."

"I thought you said you was gon do better this year," she nudges me. I actually had been texting Die about that. I groan, "Yeah, I said that but class is so boringgg," I complain. "My mom always says to make each subject enjoyable or your grades will suffer," Die shrugs.

"You seem to adore your mom," I say softly, looking over at Die.

"I do. Me and her are tight. If I hadn't been friends with Londynn and Nina so long, I swear she'd be my best friend. It's like ever since my dad got shot, we've only grown closer," she explains. "You know, sometimes when parents die or split up, their relationship with their children changes for the worst, but our relationship actually got better, between my mom and I."

"You got any siblings?" I ask.

"Almost did. My mom miscarried my older brother. All my life, I've wondered what it would be like to have an older sibling," Dynera admits. "I was always jealous of the other kids. I used to bring it up a lot when I was younger. I think I even used to blame my mom a bit. But once I got older I realized how much the miscarriage had hurt my mom, and I also realized that being an only kid has its perks," she smirked.