Chapter 2: Coffee

"Where's Tori?" Brinley asked as she and Selena sat in a booth together. 

"She couldn't make it today but she had said she'd catch up later." Selena answered awkwardly. 

"Still having nightmares?"

"Do you even have to ask?"

"I thought if enough years passed we'd get over it." Brinley responded with a deep sigh. 

"Apparently not." Selena mumbled as she shook her head. 

"So... want to get coffee?" Brinley asked pointing at the menu. 

"Sure, I will get it." Selena answered as she got up.

"You sure?"

"Yes, Brin." Selena groaned and got in line. Selena waited for what felt like a million years. She waited until it was her turn. 

"How can I help you today?" The woman at the counter asked giving Selena warm smile. Her eyes were dark brown and warm. Her hair was brown and curly. It looked natural to Selena but it was hard to tell. Selena wasn't big on fashion, makeup and hair like Tori and Brinley were. 

"Two small mochas, please?" Selena responded sounding soft spoken. 

"You got it." The woman replied writing the order and walked away. "I need two small mochas, guys!" Selena heard the woman call out before she went back to Selena. 

Even after graduating college and becoming a writer Selena still felt awkward around people. It was never easy for her to go with the flow and make new friends just like that. She envied her her friends in that department. They had confidence even Brinley and she was more of a loner. 

Selena took the mochas and struggled to carry both coffees and as she turned around she knocked into someone and fell down on her back.

"I'm s-sorry." Selena groaned as she slowly looked up at the person she knocked into. It was man who looked like he was in early twenties like Selena was. He had bright baby blue eyes and brown hair that  was styled in a way that reminded her of Edward Cullen from the first Twilight movie. He hard a sharp jawline and small lips. He looked about six feet and he had cheek dimples. He kind of looked like a much younger version Nick Lachey from the band 98 Degrees. Realizing who she bumped into made her even more embarrassed than she already was. 

"Well this wasn't my ideal shower." The man joked with a chuckle as he offered Selena his hand. 

"I am such a klutz." Selena giggled looking at his soaked shirt. 

"It's not a big deal." 

"I will buy you a coffee or whatever you want here." Selena replied awkwardly. 

"Nah, letting a girl buy me a coffee isn't my style even if I didn't ask for a coffee shower." 

"I'm Selena." Selena responded with a weak smile.

"I'm Stefan and it's nice to meet you." Stefan responded mirroring her smile.

"It's nice to meet you too."