Chapter 19: Camp

"Hey I should have asked but how are you supposed to defeat two killers?" Stefan asked as he was driving the van.

"We have guns." Selena answered.

"Bows and arrows." Tori added quickly.

"The usual." Brinley mentioned casually as if this was normal.

"Not to offend any one of you three but those can't be enough. Michael is almost untouchable and this Freddy guy kills in nightmares and dreams aren't supposed to be real." Stefan responded.

"You do have a point." Selena replied and sighed.

"Michael is gonna be easier to kill." Tori said confidently.

"It's Freddy that's gonna be the issue." Brinley responded.

"Is there any way to kill Freddy?" Stefan asked nervously.

"I don't know." Tori mumbled.

Stefan and the girls parked the van in the woods and set up two tents. One for Stefan and the other for the girls to share.

They had snacks, drinks and a cooler to keep them well fed and had plenty pillows and blankets.

After awhile it had gotten dark and late. They ate dinner and talked for hours. Stefan would tell the girls more about himself and then talked about their plans to end the killers. At some point in the night Selena and Tori had gotten tired and went to bed before Brinley and Stefan.

While Selena and Tori were asleep Brinley and Stefan stared out into the sky and continued to talk.

"You know if we weren't on a killer hunt I'd say this would be romantic." Brinley said staring at the moon.

"Yeah, it sure is." Stefan agreed as he too was staring at the moon.

"Are we gonna make it through this?" Brinley asked and looked at him.

"I honestly don't know." Stefan answered and looked down.

"You know I like you, right?" Brinley asked almost whispering. Her voice was quiet but shaky.

"I like you too, Brin." Stefan responded looking back at her and smiled.

Brinley didn't say anything but smiled at him. She had butterflies in her stomach and she knew her heart was beating faster. This was the perfect setting for a moment like this. She leaned in closer to him.