Chapter 8: First Date

Selena had decided to meet up with Stefan after a few days of just texting. This was a hard time for her because she has to deal with Halloween and the trauma she endured when she was in college. Selena always struggled making new friends on her own as it was being "disabled" and now it was even harder because of what Michael did to her. 

But even after the way she met Stefan and how she got his number something in her said he wasn't going to freak out because of her past or how she looked. He was already nice to her despite her disability and he was more than happy to have her number and text a little bit before meeting up. To her, Stefan was already a good guy in her books but she was still nervous of him possibility judging her past with Michael Myers. She debated on telling him early on but there was another possibility he already knew who she was and might be fame hungry because she was known as a hero for helping Michael get caught. The more she thought about it the more it freaked her out. 

Selena was wearing a pink and white blouse and blue jeans. She wore her shoes that helped keep her balanced whenever she needed to walk. She seemed pleased with her outfit but she wanted to look prettier without making it too obvious she was into him.  All she needed know was her hair done and apply some makeup. Tori was out on a date with some guy she had been talking to for months so Brinley offered to help her. 

"Do I look okay?" Selena asked standing in front of her living room wall mirror as Brinley brushed Selena's hair and began putting it up in a ponytail. 

"Selena you are gorgeous. You have these natural long eyelashes, you don't even need mascara. You have these big blue eyes with a hint of green in them. You have beautiful curves. Honey, I would kill for your curves. Plus, you have short brown hair that is pretty and doesn't make you look like a boy. I would say you are good in that department." Brinley answered as she finished. 

"But what if he already knows I am Selena Andrews? I am known as the girl who helped catch Michael Myers." Selena asked looking down.

"Well Tori and I are known for helping catch Michael and sure, it's been harder to build relationships but we can't live in fear anymore." Brinley asked as she began to put Selena's makeup on for her. 

"Do you really think he likes me for me?" 

"C'mon, Sel. It was clear from day one you two had chemistry and I am the best at reading people because of how I grew up." Brinley assured her. 

"I hope you are right about this." Selena replied with a deep sigh. 

Selena had walked to a park and sat on a bench waiting for Stefan to show up. It didn't take long for him to find her and sit next to her as he was holding a basket. 

"What's the basket for?" Selena asked as she raised an eyebrow.

"I made us a little picnic." Stefan answered with a grin. 

"Oh, how romantic." Selena said in a teasing voice and giggled. 

"Wanna look for a good place to sit?"

"Sure, a bench is not my ideal dinner spot." Selena teased giggling.

"Okay, coffee girl I will take that into consideration." Stefan teased back as they got up and looked around for a quiet spot.

It didn't take them long until they found a spot and got soda from the park vending machine and went back to their spot.

"So what's your story?" Stefan asked handing Selena a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.