Chapter 12: Girls Night

"Why didn't you tell me Stefan was a total snack?" Brinley asked giggling.

"You've met him before so how did you miss that?" Selena teased with a light chuckle.

"I never really thought about it before. But this time he didn't have that Edward Cullen look so it was the way he styled it that day at the coffee shop." Brinley replied as she took a bite of popcorn.

"Well we are going out again. I mean after that kiss and the conversations we had. I honestly felt a spark, you know?" Selena asked smiling from ear to ear.

"Yeah... I get it." Brinley responded with a slight nod. She couldn't help but feel jealous over Selena and Stefan's relationship. They weren't even an official couple yet they had so much chemistry already and they clicked just like that. Stefan was gorgeous and his bright baby blue eyes were forever scarred in Brinley's brain. His smile made her melt. She had butterflies when they talked a little bit on Selena's front porch. They only spoke twice and he already had Brinley hooked. Brinley felt bad because she had a crush on Stefan when clearly he was interested in Selena and Selena was interested in him. Just hearing the way Selena explained how their first kiss bothered Brinley more than it should have. Brinley wanted to be happy for Selena. She knew how hard it was for Selena to find a guy she liked and go out with him considering how shy she was. Brinley hated herself for liking Stefan.

"Is something wrong?" Selena asked as she raised an eyebrow worriedly.

"No, no, no, I'm fine." Brinley lied shaking her head.

"You sure?"

"Of course, girl. I'm just tired."

"You could crash here if you wanted. We could have a sleepover like we used to do in college." Selena said as she smiled brightly at Brinley.

"I'd love that. Do you think Tori will want to join?" Brinley asked.

"If she's not too tired from her date."

"I'll text and ask her. Umm... why don't you pop in some romcom or something while I do that?" Brinley recommended.

"Sure." Selena said with a nod and got up to look for a movie.

Brinley looked at Selena waiting for her to be distracted and googled Stefan's name. A Facebook profile popped up and Brinley clicked it seeing Stefan's face on there. "Bingo." Brinley mouthed to herself and sent a friend request to him. Brinley then texted Tori to see if she was up for a sleepover at Selena's house.

Tori had come over for the sleepover and the three girls were watching romcoms and putting on face masks and doing each other's nails. It was the perfect girls night but Brinley was still secretly bothered by her own feelings for Stefan. Selena was the first one to fall asleep leaving Tori and Brinley awake.

"You okay?" Tori asked reading Brinley's facial expression.

"Not really." Brinley sighed.

"How come?"

"I'm into someone and he is into someone else."

"His loss, not yours."

"But the thing is I like a friend's crush and I feel so awful about it." Brinley explained.

"Did that friend see him first?" Tori asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah."

"Wow."