Chapter 15: Struggle

"Um--well that's not the point." Selena said shaking her head.

"What are you talking about?" Brinley asked as she got up and walked to Stefan and Selena.

"What happened to your arm?" Stefan asked looking straight at her arm in a panic.

"Freddy did it." Selena answered. 

"Freddy as in Freddy Krueger? That dream demon?" Stefan asked. 

"Yes." Selena answered.

"Okay, c'mon. Enough with the pranks. We're not on this road trip for fun. We're on a mission." Brinley lectured Selena.

"You really think I'm lying?" Selena asked almost yelling and unraveled the bandage.

Brinley gasped shocked at what she was seeing as Stefan wrapped it back to where it was.

"But how is this possible?" Stefan asked as he finished up.

"I don't know." Selena responded.

"As soon as Michael escaped and started killing this Freddy demon showed up." Brinley whispered to herself taking everything in.

"So Freddy is connected to Michael?" Stefan asked.

"He has to be. He may even be pulling the strings." Selena replied.

"Makes sense." Stefan agreed.

"So we have two enemies." Brinley snorted.

"Looks like it." Stefan sighed in defeat.

"Well coffee is gonna have to be our new best friend." Selena said.

"I knew coffee girl was the perfect nickname for you." Stefan teased trying to lighten the mood.

"Don't start." Selena laughed.

Tori woke up in Freddy's warehouse and watched a memory of her and Jessica.

"I can't believe my boyfriend's dead." Jessica cried softly.

"Huh?" Tori replied as she was standing next to her and she lifted her face confused. Jessica was a  straight, red head with bright baby blue eyes. She was slightly taller than Tori. 

"My boyfriend, Eric. He was the one that was killed." Jessica responded. 

"I'm sorry. I am Tori Sawyer and I was in history with him." Tori lied in a soft whispered realizing the truth. It hurt even more knowing he played the both of them. But she couldn't bare to hurt her even more. She knew this girl was mourning his death but she didn't need to be any more traumatized than she already was. 

"I'm Jessica Williams but everybody calls me Jess." Jessica introduced herself.

"Hate your name?" Tori joked trying to cheer her up.

"I don't but I just prefer Jess. I'm guessing your real name's Victoria, right?" Jess awkwardly giggled still choking up with tears in her eyes. 

"Right." Tori answered with a nod. 

"How am I seeing this?" Tori asked as the memory disappeared.

"Good question." Freddy answered as he appeared in front of her.

"You!" Tori spat.

"Yes... me." Freddy chuckled.

Tori ran away and Freddy caught up to her in a flash.

"How are you real?" Tori asked.

"If I told you, I'd have to kill you." Freddy roared with laughter.

"Wake up!" Brinley shouted shaking Tori causing her to wake up.

"No!" Tori shouted and gasped.

"Hey, hey, hey. It's okay... you're okay." Selena assured her as she rubbed her forehead trying to comfort her.

"I can't believe I fell asleep." Tori groaned.

"Well at least you're safe." Stefan replied.

"You're the best friends ever." Tori said with a giggle.