XI

You were finally back in class, your body sore from the training with Bakugou. Yawning, you focus back in class. Aizawa-sensei was briefing the class on the internships. "Until this year, the intern requests were more spread out." With that, papers were being passed out, each with a name on it. "Now (L/N), you will have to intern under me since you didn't participate due to your injuries." You nod at his words.
"I understand," you answer. With that being said, Aizawa-sensei went into his sleeping banana mode while your classmates talked amongst themselves.
(A/N: I'm too lazy to look back to see if you were in front of Bakugou, but if not, then you are now)
You were spacing out until you felt a kick on your chair. Turning to Bakugou you raise an eyebrow. "What do you want Bakugou?" You ask. He leaned back, smirking his ass off.
"I don't know. I just wanna brag about being requested from the 4th top hero," he says cheekily. You roll your eyes.
"So what if you're interning with Best Jeanist? That doesn't do anything to me to brag about," you retort. (Pls tell me I worded that right. I'm fucking tired rn so I might have gotten some wording wrong.) You knew Best Jeanist in your last life. He was a mentor to Bakugou in his last life. He only became Bakugou's mentor to help him treat you better and learn to properly defend you and others during times of need. One day, Best Jeanist went on a dangerous quest that killed him. It broke your lover at the time since he had also joined the quest with his mentor.
Bakugou had blamed himself since he was reckless for wanting to fight the enemy immediately. As a last act of heroism, Best Jeanist had thrown Bakugou out of the cave the enemy was stationed in as it had exploded from the magic force and gunpowder. It took him a while to heal, but as he had started to get back to himself, you were burned at the stake while he was on a quest.
"Tch." Bakugou looked away, sour that he couldn't get you to envy him at that moment. "You better remember to take a fucking shower before I get there or I'm not teaching you shit." You sighed. Ever since the other day, Baugou had complained about the smell of wet dog and burnt plastic that came from your sweat. It was most likely because of your quirk. Most times when you shifted, it was a wolf, explaining the dog smell, but had you overusing your plasma really smell like burnt plastic?
You wave your hand, dismissing the thought/memory. "Yeah, yeah. I know how much you hate the smell of my sweat. Don't worry, I'll shower before you get there," you say with a sigh.

You were stretching outside, waiting for Bakugou to arrive. The only sign he was walking up to you was his grumbling about his 'old hag'. Curious you turn to Bakugou. "What's wrong this time?" You ask.
"Just my old hag wants us to train at my house and have you stay for dinner," he complains. You raise an eyebrow.
"So? It's not like much will change. Besides you even stay for dinner here sometimes," you say. He goes silent and groans. Suddenly he grabs your wrist and pulls you to his house. He kicks the front door open.
"I'M HOME HAG!" Bakugou screams.
"DON'T CALL ME HAG YOU LITTLE SHIT!" You hear a woman's voice yell back. The both of you walk further into the house, constant yelling between Bakugou and his mother.

"Bakugou," you call out. You turn to him as he lies on the bed you two shared. He was bandaged, injured from a gang of bandits. They had tried to rob you and your group earlier. Everyone except you were fighting. You were useless in the fight especially since you had your power drained from fighting someone more worthy of a battle that day. The whole reason why Bakugou was bandaged was because a bandit had tried to kill you, but was stopped by Bakugou.
"Hm?" he grunted out.
"Why did you decide to join us? I know it was mostly because of me, but why give up your inheritance? Is there something wrong with us being together?" You ask, looking away, sadness clouding your eyes. This wasn't new for Bakugou. Ever since he met you, he's realized that you tend to overthink a little too much. He knew that you were probably thinking that because of you being with the others he had gotten hurt. Because of you being weak, he had to protect you, getting injured. Because of you....
He sighed and got up, groaning from the pain in his torso and sore muscles. He walked up to you, pulling you into his arms. "Dumbass... I love you for who you are. Where I come from they don't exactly like outsiders, especially if they're humans. My kind don't trust humans and more have a grudge against them. It's kind of like a taboo to love a human there. My mother used to have a human lover before he tried to kill her so she thought that I would end up dead or close to it if I didn't leave you. I love you too much to leave you for some prejudice fuckers," he says. You laugh and hug him back.
"I love you," you tell him. He pulls back a smiles. He grabs your face.
Planting a kiss on your lips he says, "And I love you more."

You shake your head from the memory. From what you had heard of his mother (in past life of course), she was a nice woman unless it came to humans. You never got to meet her, but wished your did to prove that not humans were like that and besides she was the one who birthed your lover. She must of had a kind enough heart to warn him of what could happen to him if he fell for the wrong human.
As you were passing the kitchen, another hand grabbed onto your free wrist. "Fufufu~ Is this the girl you go to train with? Are you two together yet~" you hear the woman's voice from earlier say. You turn to see a woman looking like an almost exact replica of Bakugou. The wrist with Bakugou's hand started to get squeezed tighter, making you wince at the pressure.
"NO AND STOP COMING UP WITH FANTASIES!" Bakugou yelled.
The woman simply laughed and looked at you. She gave you a soft smile and introduced herself "Hello, I'm this twerp's mother. Call me Mitsuki." You smiled in return.
"Nice to meet you Mitsuki, I'm (Y/N)," you say. Bakugou huffs.
"Great now let go of her so we can train, old hag," Bakugou demands. Mitsuki sighs.
"I shouldn't of spoiled you when you were younger," she mutters to herself. "Have fun training you two!" She says and gets back to preparing dinner.

I'm such a bad author, forgetting this story and not working on it for a month. I'm so sorry. 😭