Are You With Me

this chapter switches between third-person and first-person which isn't ideal but I wasn't sure how else to write it. also, just a heads up...the end is near.

hope you enjoy the chapter!

{~+~}

"Fifteen-year-old female," The first paramedic reported as they rolled the stretcher in through the ER doors, "Overdosed on unknown substances. 0.4 mg of Naloxone was administered twice with no result. She's hypotensive. Heart Rate 94."

The teenager was moved off of the stretcher and onto a hospital bed. Nurses swiftly hooked her up to all the vital monitors while Dr. Hunt assessed the unconscious girl.

"She's in respiratory depression," Dr. Hunt called out, "Let's run a tox screen, figure out what she took. Meanwhile, let's up her oxygen intake and monitor her vitals in the PICU until-"

His statement was interrupted though by a young girl's frantic voice. She looked to be around the same age as their patient and was rushing towards them, a Ziploc bag clutched in her one hand.

"She took these," She panted out and extended the plastic bag towards the doctor, "I don't know how many, she spilled a lot on the floor...I don't know but it was from this bag but I don't know what these are-"

She was clearly upset and panicked, her tangled sentences only barely making sense. Dr. Hunt took the bag from her though, understanding what she was getting at.

"Hey, it's okay. What's your name?" He asked the troubled girl calmly.

"Ila," She told the doctor and wiped the fat tears that rolled down her cheeks.

Dr. Hunt nodded, "You did good Ila, bringing us the bag. Do you know her?"

Ila sniffled, "Yeah, Summer, she's my friend...I-I think her parents work here actually."

In a flash, Dr. Hunt realized just who the overdosed teenager was. Staying collected, he thanked Ila and got the sweet Nurse Alice to accompany the girl to a more private room where she could contact her own parents.

Summer.

Dr. Hunt didn't know the girl very well, only having met her a handful of times and the first time when she was unconscious with a shattered knee hardly counted. Sighing, he went to page Dr. Robbins and Dr. Torres when another voice interrupted him.

"Owen!" Arizona's bubbly tone was recognizable from a mile away, "Have you seen Karev? Summer called me a bunch of times but now she's not picking up so I'm wondering if he-"

She stopped abruptly though when she saw the face of the teenager the nurses were getting ready to wheel away. Gasping, Arizona rushed over to the side of the hospital bed before turning back to face Owen in complete distraught.

"What happened?" The Peds surgeon demanded before checking the monitors herself, "She's hypotensive. Why is she hypotensive!"

"She overdosed," Owen told her calmly, "We don't know exactly on what so we're running a tox screen. Once we get the results we can treat her appropriately."

A sob emitted from Arizona's throat as she clasped the palm of her hand over her mouth while the realization of everything came together.

"She called me," Arizona whispered, her face now pale, "I was in surgery and I didn't pick up...she needed me and-"

"Don't do this to yourself," Owen said sternly, "I'll get someone to take you to Summer's room once she's settled. Do you want me to get Torres?"