Chapter-17

" Do you think i look okay?" I asked my friend Sarah who was currently busy scrolling through her phone.

" Hey! I am talking to you!" I frowned throwing a pillow at her.

She looked guilty as she puts aside her phone and raised her hand in a hands up manner. "Fine! I am not gonna use it anymore and for the 10th time. You look absolutely stunning."

I nodded and looked down at my burgundy off the should dress. It's not super fancy but looks amazing on me. It stops just above my knees.

I hope i am looking good because i want to impress not only Tyler but also his associates. Tonight he is taking me to a work dinner and i am hella nervous. Our relationship is still new, hell we even haven't slept together yet he is making this pretty official. That shows he is serious and i appreciate it.

" Are you planning to come back tonight?" Sarah asked with a smirk and wiggled her eyebrows at me playfully.

A blush crept on my face as i looked at her and shrugged, " I am not sure."

Sarah laughed and nodded, " That's my girl. Give him hell tonight."

" I just hope this works Sarah. I am not- I just, I want this too work too badly."

Sarah's face went soft for me and she came by my side and hugged me, " Oh sweety! Tyler looks serious and come on, who wouldn't fall for you? You are an amazing girl and if still that asshole messes up, i am gonna kick his ass."

I laughed and kissed her cheek, " Love you Sarah."

" Love you, now go and impress some suits."

I nodded and pickes up my purse.

*****
He didnt made me wait much longer and called me soon after i got ready. I went down the stairs feeling butterflies in my stomach and smiled as soon as i saw him standing in wait for me but his eyes went dark as soon as they fell on me.

He was wearing another bespoke suit of his, it was navy blue in color with crisp white shirt. Looking handsome as always.

His face was stoic and sharp jaw was grinding as i neared him making me frown.
He neared me and held my elbow firmly before he bent down and gripped my waist in his hold with the other hand.

" What's wrong K-Kane?"

Tyler didn't reply and bend down to capture my lips woth his own. He was kissing me with a hint of desperation and lot's of passion. I tried to match his pace but he kept on dominating me.

After what felt like an hour he finally released me but kept me in his firm hold.

" I don't want anyone to see you like this." He growled.

" Like what?" I asked feeling like i am already falling deep, too deep.

" So beautiful, so mine, so irresistible." He replied sending the butterflies in my stomach on a dance party.

" Stop joking! We-we need to go." I said cupping his face.

He smirked and bent his face down and suddenly started kissing and sucking on my neck making me release a moan. I was turned on but after a minute i was feeling embarrassed too because one of the passer by has smirked at me.

" Tyler! People are looking." I said and wince when i felt a bite before he stood up straight and held my hand and took me toward his fancy car.

" No driver?" I asked looking at the empty car.

He frowned, " Nope! Never again."

I shook my head and sat down in the car when Tyler opened the door for me and opened the mirror above to redone my lipstick.

As Tyler started the car, i got into redoing my lipstick. After i was done then only i noticed the hickey, the bastard had left on me intentionally.

I groaned and looked down at my purse for some concealer. After i found it, i picjed up and started to apply it but Tyler stopped the car in the middle of "thankfully empty" road.

" Don't do it. Don't cover it. That is the only think holding me back. I can't stand the thought of some old bastards staring at you and thinking, they can move on you. Nope! Not happening, not on my watch."

I frowned and turned toward him, " Are you serious? Don't you trust me? Not this again Tyler."

He calmly shook his head before saying, " I trust you but you don't know men. They only think one thing whenever a girl looks like you."

I frowned and took offense, " looks like me? Now what is that supposed to mean?"

" I said it didn't I? So beautiful, so irresistible." He said again making me feel those butterflies. What? I am a little sappy like that. Don't at me.

I bit my lip and said, " You are impossible! Fine but i am covering it at least a little bit. Right now it's too much in the face."

" Fine but it had to be visible." He said nodding at my neck.

I shook my head and applied the concealer and murmurs," right now you sound like a child. I don't know how we are gonna hansle your possessiveness in the future."

I was hoping for an apology but strangely he replied, " You won't need to handle it."

" Umm okay!" I said frowning. That was wierd.

After that the rest of the drive was silent but Tyler kept his large hand on my thigh in another possessive gesture. I really like this guy but sometimes he makes me doubt everything and no matter how consuming this relationship is, the doubt keeps me on edge.

We finally reach the restaurant which is holding this work dinner. The valet comes to Tyler's side and Tyler turns towards me.

He stares at me and then pecks me on my lips, " I am sorry, it's just this is all new to me but i promise, i am going to try and hold this back."

I nodded and gave him a reassuring smile, " That's all i am asking."