chapter-10

Lily-

I was so not prepared for tonight. I couldn't believe it. When I left the office with my fate signed away, I was feeling mortified.

I couldn't even bring myself to meet Mr Smith's eyes. The man must be calling me rude or what not but I was ashamed of myself right now.

I was regretting it. Now my life didn't looked that important to me anymore. What was I doing by agreeing to sleep with a guy just so that I could continue running my whole life?

When we reached Tyler's building, I was directed toward a private elevator. With hesitant steps I entered it but then I remembered I didn't know his floor, I started to get off but suddenly the gates were shut off and it started moving.

I was about to panic when I saw there was just one button there for floor. And by the numbers on the board I was going there.

I rolled my eyes at this over the top luxury but then again my nerves caught up to me.
The gates opened and I got off while admiring the beauty of the place. Yes it was modern but it was beyond beautiful too.

I entered the penthouse and gasped at the partial glass cealing. Because it was evening, the sunset' s purple and pink hue was visible. It was a sight to behold.

I gulped down my awe and looked toward the large window where Tyler was leaning with his hands tucked in his black pants pockets. His grey shirt was folded to his elbows and the visible veins in his arms only made me gulp down my need as well. The man sure workout i thought to myself.

He smirked and crooked his finger at me.
I rolled my eyes at his arrogance when I heard him chuckle.

" How was the drive Lillian?"

" Stop calling me that!"

" I will call you whatever I want, don't forget I own you now." He said while standing up straight and walking the distance between them. He was so smug. So fucking smug. Oh boy! Am I going to enjoy this.

" I have changed my mind!" My voice actually echoed. Oops looks like I kinda shouted.

Hearing this, He faltered in his steps and then a dark chuckle escaped him.

" Nice! I thought you were serious there for a second."

" I am serious Mr Tyler Kane. I am not ready to sell my body just so that I can live a life full of regrets."

" Have you forgot what made you agree to this?"

" I haven't but yes my priorities have changed. So all the best for your future blackmailing relationships but I am out." I said with a smirk on my face. I was feeling out of this world. I even thought of doing a "Mic drop" gesture but then thought better of it.

Tyler growled but I was done with this now. I simply turned and left.

When I reached my apartment I had a full on panic attack. I was afraid. So fucking afraid. I thought about leaving this town altogether but then my pride kept me rooted. I will stop this mess now. No more running.

*****

I woke feeling anxious next day. My mind kept drifting on to Tyler. What was he thinking? Had he already went and screwed someone? Why the fuck am I thinking about stuff like that? What if he really took a revenge against me? I mean he looks real mean.

I finally shook myself and sent a prayer to god. I made the right choice. I saved my dignity and soul. Nothing is worth my self respect period.

I am so glad I never told Sarah the whole thing. My over dramatic monologue was finally interrupted by my alarm clock. Oh man I was getting late for the diner.

I ran and dressed hurriedly. I chose my comfy denim jumpsuit and a red crop top. This will show off my midriff and if I know anything about waitressing it's about how I should be as presentable as I can.

I again leave a note for Sarah and frown about how we are not meeting at all. I need to amend that.

After running for my life and catching the bus I finally made it to the diner. Watching the diner again reminded me about him. It a his family. God I am an idiot. Can I really work here? I shake my negativity and enter it with a broad smile.

It's again Dolly who welcomes me. The diner is still empty due to early hours bit I can already feel that today is going to be a long day.

" Oh look at you sweety! You are definitely going to be good for this diner if not my son.!"

I wince at her remark. I am definetly looking for another job.

" Oh I am just kidding calm down girl! Maybe people right I don't have as good humour as I think" Dolly said while shaking her head at herself.

I try to a fake smile which must be pretty hilarious because in the next moment she's laughing.

Suddenly A women wearing apron comes out of the back door. Her dark locks are in a bun and the head is covered with black net. Oh Tyler's sister.

"Mama Mia? Why are you here? I told you to pick me some avocados!! It's urgent !! My dish will be a mess without it." She's unaware of me and letting out her frustration quite dramatically.

Her hands keep gesturing toward the kitchen and diner about how avocados are going to save the world oops I mean her dish. I inwardly roll my eyes. No wonder it's  Tyler's family.

Oh wait a minute she's a single mother right?. Wow now I need to meet the little munchkin to see my self what quirk he or she is possessing.

"Oh dear Lord! Calm down Jude!! Look around you for a second. We have our new waitress here." Dolly motion towards me.

I waive awkwardly toward Jude who swings her eyes at me and do an up and down glare before going back at how avocados are going to save the w- I mean her dish.

Well well! Rudeness runs in the family apparently. Dolly smiles at me apologetically and ushers jude toward the kitchen. Leaving me all alone. I am definetly looking for another job.

I was still standing on the very spot dolly stopped me at when the door opens and a couple with their hands and eyes locked at each other Saunters in.

They automatically march toward the corner sit and place themselves in one booth. Must be regulars I thought.

The guy doesn't even look up and shouts  "Two coffee and a plate of waffles Dolly! "

I look around and notice Dolly is still not around. Well looks like I am starting right now.

I hesitantly walk toward the back door where they disappeared and open the door.
Dolly is now whispering with Jude when they swing their eyes at me .

" Umm sorry but customers are here!"

" Oh sorry dear! You know how it is with Family talks" she glared at Jude but goes outside.

No I don't know dolly I thought to myself but didn't say it out loud and smile at Jude who's glaring at me now. Hmm I guess it's better than indifference.

I follow Dolly out who finally taught me the ropes. I am to serve coffee as soon as any customer walks in. Ofcourse if they don't want it, I am to take their order of whatever they want but according to Dolly it's non-existence here.

The coffee is one of their best sellers. Well I am itching to try one myself but surely free-loading on the first day won't be appreciated anywhere and affording it is out of question right now.

She hands me a black short waist apron and nods at me to start and so I start.

The day was going so far until the bane of my  existance entered the diner like he owned the place. Fuck maybe he did. Urghh isn't he getting the message. I don't want to sleep with him. and then I get another lesson in life or you can say I am reminded again that vanity can easily overtake wisdom.

He's not alone. A hot blond bombshell is there with him with her hands all over him and him? He is staring straight through me like he doesn't even know me.

Message received Mr Kane! Message well received and understood.

He walks toward a booth and here it goes.