Chapter-15

"Hey! Are you alright?" I asked Dolly, who looked really sullen.

" Oh yeah I am fine" she said with a forced smile.
It was clear she didn't want to share and respecting her wish I start to turn when she called my name.

"Please be careful!"

"Careful of what?"

She looked tired when she said. " My son"
Those words shocked me but before I could ask more she stood up and left me panicked.

After My shift ended and I left the diner, Tyler's driver was waiting for me. This one was a very young man. He smiled at me as he informed me about Tyler requesting me to take his ride home. I was still shaken by Dolly's word so I didn't argue and accepted the kind offer.

His name was Wyatt and his eyes were mischievous.
" So, Miss Lily! Where am I taking you?"
" Well Wyatt just near the woodhigh hall. My building is next to it. "
" Very Well Miss lily" he jokingly tipped his hat.
I laughed at his antics and asked him to call me just Lily.
" So Lily! Forgive me for being forward but out of all bigwigs of KW&R who's the luckyone to have pleasure of your affection?"
I giggled at his attempt but chose not to answer. If he's not aware about Tyler being my boyfriend I am not going to inform him too. It's too early for that. Before bragging about my relationship to anyone I want to feel secure and unfortunately Dolly's word has shaken me.
Because we were stuck in traffic, I decided to inqure a little about him too.

" So Wyatt how long have you been with this corporation?"
" Oh I am just a step in. This is my father's position. He's Wyatt Sr."
" Oh okay so what do you do then?"
" I am taking online classes for design."
" Hey! That's so cool."
He laughed and thanked me. " We are here Miss Lily."

" Oh thankyou for such a pleasant ride. "
" Believe me the pleasure was all mine."
I got off and started toward my building when Wyatt called for me.

" Yes" I asked with a smile.

With a sheepish smiled he looked down at his feet than at me.
" Um can I get your number? I swear no funny business but you are the most pretty girl I have ever met." He said with a charming smile this time.

" Very Smooth Wyatt Jr but nope." I laughed and went to my building.

****

After I came home, i saw Sarah passed out on her bed. I was hoping to spend some time together as since I have been fired from the store we haven't had time together. I miss her but I knew waking her up to have a humanly conversation would be impossible. Sarah was the most heavy sleeper I have ever known.

I was also hungry so I started to make myself a sandwich that's when I remembered how my phone is being too quite. Shouldn't a boyfriend who didn't even came to pick up his girlfriend call now to make sure she has reached her home safely?

Angrily I dropped the bread on counter and walked toward my phone.

I dialed Kane and he picked it up on the last ring, making me more insecure.

" Tyler Kane!"
" is this how you talk to your girlfriend Mr. Kane?"
" I am busy right now Lilian, we'll take later."

His curt and business like tone made me eyes dampen. I somehow controlled my stupid tears and gathered enough courage to  reply on my own curt tone.

" I am already doubting this relationship enough Tyler , please don't make me regret this too."
And then I ended the call and let those tears fall.

I must have slept crying as when I woke up I had a dry face and a slight headache. I was still trying to open my swollen eyes when I noticed Sarah shaking me.

" Lily sweety wake up!"

" Lily!!!"

" hmm I am awake." I moaned in pain. The headache was also catching up to me.

" Sweety! You need to go and stop him."

" huh? Stop what?"

But before Sarah could reply I heard it on my own. Someone was knocking on our door, more like beating on it.

" You need to go and talk to him. I don't know what happened but I thought I should talk to you before opening."

I hugged Sarah in Appreciation and ran to the door.

As soon as I opened it Kane descended on me.  His hands was in my hair and lips on my lips.

I broke away trying to gather my surroundings when I finally noticed how distort his appearance looked. His hairs was messy, tie loosed up and shirt dirty.

" W-What happened to you?"
" You fucking happened to me." He roared and I winced at his reply.

At my reaction his eyes softened." I am sorry baby but you literally put me through a grinder here. I have called you 25 times, you didn't pick any of it. I have been outside your house banging like a thug for whole 20 mins. You know how fucking scared I was? You disconnected that call with those words and stopped taking my calls. I was so-so afraid." He said with a sad frown.

I sobbed as i hugged him and apologised profoundly.

" I am so sorry, I cried myself to sleep and my phone must have been on silence. I didn't have any idea. I am sorry."

He patted my head and kissed me again.
" Never ever again question our relationship!"

I nodded and hugged him again.