Chapter-14

Now that my feelings were clear in my mind I was feeling shy and nervous. My heart couldn't stop racing at the sight of his smile and my hands were sweating.

I walked towards him as he stood up to greet me.

" Hey!"

" Hey! Lillian."

I looked toward the counter where I expected to see his mother but found it empty that's when I noticed that diner was empty and even the lights were off, leaving sunlight only.

" Where's Mrs Kane?" I asked.

Something passed on his face as soon as I mentioned his mother but before I could read it he was  back to his smile.

" She's not here yet!"

He didn't try to elaborate and I didn't ask.

" You look beautiful today Lilian."

I blushed as I asked " Why do you insist on calling me Lilian.?"

His smile turned into a smirk as he lightly brushed my cheek. " Because no one else calls you that."

I laughed, " You are too much."

He motioned for me to sit as he pulled my chair.

After we were both sitting I asked. " How come you are here this early.?"

He poured me a cup and told me he was nearby but I didn't believe him.

" So did you decide yet.?"

" It's not even 24 hours yet."

" It's enough." He winked.

I laughed." Like I said you are too much."

" So?" He asked impatiently.

I smirked. " Yes! I want to give us a chance too."

" Fuck yes!" He hollered and kissed me while clutching my neck tightly. His lips were hot and heavy on me as he was leaning from across the table. By the time we seprated we both were breathing hard.

" I really like you Kane, so make sure you don't hurt me."

This time he laughed. " When did you start calling me Kane?"

" I also want to call you something exclusively." I said with a hot face.

He looked stunned for a second and opened his mouth to say something but before he could his mother was there.

She entered the Diner with the biggest smile.

" Tyler Honey! I am so glad you are still here. "

Kane stood up and walked toward his mother before she could come near us. He bend down and whispered something which dropped the smile on Dolly' s face.

She stiffly noded and strode toward the kitchen, ignoring me completely.

I was already standing by the time Kane came back to me.

" What happened.?"

He pecked me on the lips and forehead first." Nothing for you to worry sweetheart. We just had an Mother-son talk."

It was wierd but I knew it was still new between us and it was not my place yet, that's why I simply noded as Kane left with a promise to meet again in the evening.

As soon as Kane left, I went to the kitchen but found it locked. I thought about knocking but the customers started pouring in for free coffee and breakfasts.

The menu didn't had anything fresh for the breakfast so my bet it was the free coffee which attracted the customers. When I was informed that the coffee is free at all times, I worried about the profit margin but then I reminded myself she was mother of Tyler Kane, she probably could give away whole three courses for free.

I was just serving the last customer when Dolly came out with a fresh smile back on her face. She patted my back as she strode toward the mini bar and poured herself whiskey.

After I was done serving, I went to her.

" Hey! Are you alright.?"