Chapter-3

I reach my place still shaken from the recent events. Our place is little shabby but still feels like home to me.

We don't have much but it still gets us comfortable enough.

I hang my bag near the door and see Sarah snoring on the sofa. I smile at her sleeping form and decide to nudge her awake so that she can sleep comfortably on her bed.

" Hey sleepy head! C'mon move to your bed, you are drooling all over mine, Hey Sarah wake up" I nudge her again.

Sarah is the most heavy sleeper I have ever know. I nudge her for straight ten minutes but besides mumbling she doesn't wake up.

Finally I give up and eat the leftovers. The chinese place we like was already closed by the time I went there so I already texted Sarah about the change of plans.

She assured me about the amount of leftovers we had and told me to come straight home. I think I should tell her about the wierd incident which happened to me but for somehow it feels like betrayal to the man and I don't even know him or owe him anything.

A headache starts to form in my head and I shake the thoughts away. After eating and a quick shower I drag the old mattress near the sofa.

I bring Sarah's pillow and blanket to assist her. After covering her enough I bring my old raggy blanket and try to sleep but the thoughts of that mysterious man kept coming at me. After a hour or two exhaustion finally catches me and I sleep.

                            *.*.*.*.*.*.

" What the hell Lily"
I bolt up awake and sit hearing Sarah shout.

After gathering my surrounding i take a sight of relief, no one is in danger. Now Rubbing the sleep out of eyes, I ask " What's wrong with you? Why are you shouting like that?"

" What's wrong with me? Me? Are you out of your mind why are you sleeping here like some poor man? We have a bed you know"

" it's yours" I reply still feeling sleepy.

" and your point being?"

" Look I didn't wanted to sleep in a room like that alone, I feel almost claustrophobic " I lie straight through my teeth while still pretending to rub my eyes.

The reason I didn't slept there because even for a night I didn't wanted to give my body that comfort which it can't afford again.

Atleast not in the near future. May be if I complete my GED and accomplished it with some other course I can afford these luxurities but for now a bed or a mattress  is the last thing on my list.

For now Sarah's sofa is enough. She shake her head at me like she doesn't believe me. Maybe she knows me more than that and that puts me on edge again.

No one should know me better than a handful. It's always scare me. I don't want people to have the power to hurt me or predict my actions. That's the thing for normal people not me.

After another quick shower and quick breakfast i was back to the shop. Yeah I know I live a pretty amazing life.

I roll my eyes at my own thoughts and enter the shop and instantly stop in my track. He's here. Fuck how can he be here? Shop is not even open yet?

I instinctly back away and look around the shop for Marcus.

" He's not here" he growls.

My eyes widens at his reply "what do you want?" I finally ask understanding there's no point in beating around the Bush.