Chapter-4

Tyler

"What do you want?" Lily asks with a hint of fear in her voice. Yeah he knows her name and not just her name but everything about her.

Tyler is a man of his words and a slave of his wants. And when he wanted something he must have it no matter the chase or play. And Lily was something he wanted  badly. Badly enough to break his own rules.

" You" Tyler said while decreasing the distance between them. He must say he was impressed with the girl's show of courage.

After the initial fear she was holding herself pretty strong. It was sure just a pretense but it was Impressive.

" Sorry sir but I am not up for sale. I can just help you with the jewellery in store"

Hmm sass so the mousey girl is a lion in hide. Interesting Tyler thought. He rubbed his lower lip with his thumb, a habit of his whenever he feels he needs time to defeat the other party.

He was still staring at Lily who was clutching her purse tightly while still maintaining the eye contact with him.

Hmm very interesting so she was a survivor. Tyler knows one when he meets one, After all he used to be one not long ago.

There was time he also wore different facades to avoid every type of danger, used to eat his words to keep himself away from the wrong kind of crowd. But that was then.

Now he was a hunter himself. But he was a preyer with some set morals of his. He never preys on weaks so imagine his delight when the little girl showed her real self. After all Tyler won't have to break his rules.

He like this change of events very much. An unexpected laugh came out of him. He smirked and left the shop without glancing back at Lily even once. Now that he knows about Lily's fire, he needs a good amount of time to smother it.

Lily.

I was breathing deep. He had that much effect on me. I was confused by his departure but also the amount of relief I felt was good enough to keep me from running behind him. He's the clear defination of danger. I can tell. Men like him? They are good for nothing but danger.

As a child My grandmother always told me to close my eyes and pray to God whenever i felt any danger was near. But now I had doubts whether even God could save me from a danger like him. I don't even know his name and he was troubling me this much. I needed to escape fast. This place was turning out to be more trouble than it's worth.

I was still standing like a statue when Marcus entered the shop. His eyes narrowed on me and he huffed.
" Lily are you tired with your job?"

I inwardly rolled my eyes " No sir, I very much love my job." Yes the bastard insists on calling him sir. I am definitely kicking his ass before leaving this place for good.

" Hmm then I am sure it would pain you great deal when I fire you for your laziness" Marcus said and moved toward his counter.

" Sir, actually there was a customer waiting to meet you but because you were late I was trying to keep him entertained."

" Customer? What customer? I don't see anyone?"

" He was our regular actually,  Mr Kane if I am not mistaken."

Marcus looked terrified when he heard my words " What? Why didn't you call me for fuck sake" he almost shouted and started sweating. He took out his phone and started calling someone.

I was beyond shock. Marcus never ever swears. This was beneath him. But as soon as I mentioned Mr Kane the man lost all his cool. Hmm maybe Mr Kane is not that bad.

I take a sigh of relief and move toward my counter. It's Sarah's day off, so I'll be all alone today. But looks like Marcus won't be troubling me anymore.

After the morning hour, customers starts rushing in. Our shop is very famous for its unique and stylish designs. We are not as big as tiffany's but we are getting there.

If not for Sarah I don't think I would have gotten this job. I have alot to thank her for. As soon as I save enough, I am definitely gonna buy her something good. Atleast before I leave. That's the least I can do for her in my position.

Today was a pretty normal day except Marcus's nervousness. The man kept sweating through out the day and kept shooting daggers at me. Well that was pretty normal for him.

My hours are done so I pack my bag and starts to leave the shop when Marcus stops me.

" Umm Lily, Can you open the shop tomorrow as well?"

" But tomorrow's my day off"

" And?" Marcus asks with his authority full tone.

" Fine" I reply giving up. No rest for me apparently.

*.*.*.*.*.*