Chapter-19

Following his suit, everyone started introducing themselves and finally i knew their names and purposes.

I sighed, Tyler and I are really different. His world is a corporate's wet dream and mine is a nightmare.

Feeling my gloomy mood, Tyler rubbed my shoulder and i just passed him a fake smile.

Many people were vying for his attention so he couldn't talk to me here but i knew i am going to get a inquiry from him later.

Trying to get out of it, i tried to talk to other people and kept faking smiles but my mind was too anxious to enjoy anything. Neither the man by my side nor the luxury that cane with him.

As the dinner ended, Tyler didn't wait for anyone and dragged me outside with firm and hurry steps.

I knew what was going to happen and i was ready. I am not afraid of communication, all i am aftaid of is what if- what if Tyler agrees with me?
What if he sees our gaping difference and wants to break up.

Am i ready for that?

As the valet brought his car, Tyler opened the door for me after tipping him. I gave him a nervous smile and sat down.

After Tyler entered too, he didn't start the car as i was expecting him too. No instead he turned toward me and raised his eyebrow.

A small laugh escaped me, say whatever you say but the man was already too much onto my shit.

" I- I am sorry. I Know i ruined your night." I said looking down at my hands.

Maybe that's why i missed it and gasped when i felt his hand cupping my jaw. He raised my face and then cupped my face with both of his hands.

" As long as you are with me,  no one can ruin my night Lilian."

My eyes watered a bit but i smiled.

" Now tell me, What happened?" He questioned giving a slight squeeze to my face.

Closing my eyes i gathered my courage and nodded.

" I just felt like i didn't belong with you. Your world is so different than mine."

Hearing my words even i could tell i was sounding like a whining brat. I knew it was stupid but when Tyler extracted his hands, i swear i heard my heart dropping.

But then suddenly his hands were on my nape. He squeezed it before bringing my face closer to his.

" Lilian! Repeat after me, We belong together."

My eyes widened and lips shook.

" Lilian do it." He commanded.

" We belong together." I muttered.

He gave me a peck and then held my hands, " Baby, You belong to me Just like i belong to you."

Hearing his word, a butterfly sprang to life in my heart and i couldn't help but squeeze his hand.

                    **********
A/N [ If you like my books and want to support me, you can use this link or the link in my bio . ^_^ 

   https://ko-fi.com/ashbooknerd

( ofcourse only if you want to and can afford to). ]