Chapter-2

Lily

My brown eyes were stuck on his perfect broad back.

I was frowning as well, the guy was intense. I never felt like this before ever which instantly puts me on edge. I must still be frowning because suddenly a sharp elbow to my stomach bring me back to my circumstances.

I look to my left, my colleague and roommate Sarah stares at me like I have lost my mind and motions at my hand then only I notice I am clutching the diamond necklace hard I instantly loosen my grip and takes a big breath of relief damn if I had done any damage to this then I don't know what I would be paying my debt with because right now I have only my clothes to my name and nothing else.

Sarah motions for me to go back at the breakroom.

She must be afraid for me, afraid that I will  loose my job.I noded and went back to the room and again those dark blue eyes came back to me.

His eyes were so blue and cold that I couldn't help but shiver. I took a deep breath and shook my head. I have better things to think about.I went to the coffee maker and started a cup for me while making a mental to do list for me.

Its the month end so money is tight and rent is over due. Thank God for friends like Sarah she will be helping me with the rent so that's fine for now. Groceries are no show but yay to cup noodles and cheap street food.

My only three pair of clothes must be drying by now, until then I have my sweats. Thanks to Sarah again. She 'accidentally' bought them in my size. She knows about my financial condition and because I am so poor I can't even afford a emotion like pride. I always turn the blind eye on her kindness.

I took a deep breath and smiled to myself, life was good at least compared to my old one it was fucking awesome.

" What's wrong with you? Marcus would have killed you on the spot" Sarah hisses, while taking off her hat.I wince, yeah he would have. He might be our manager but instead of being a leader he behaves like a second hand Hitler.

Always Staring at us with murder in his eyes.

" I am sorry, i-i was distracted"

" Yeah I could see that! What's with that hot shot and you? You know him?"

" No I don't but it was weird- I almost felt like he was staring into my soul"

Sarah smirks " he's got the hots for you! You can tap that easily, After all it's been three weeks he keeps coming. I mean I know the guy is big shot rich but come on who buys this much jewellery with in three weeks"

" He's not always buying" I defend for some reason.

" Oh Lily dear! just accept the fact that a hot rich guy is stalking you" Sarah says while rolling her eyes and drinking the coffee i made for myself.

" But i am not intrested and thanks Babe" I smile at her which to she nods and smile back, understanding my reasons.

My break was over so i went back to my counter. I don't care if he's rich or not but right now a boyfriend is the last thing I want.

And with that thought I smile for my next customer.

My shift is over and I am dead tired now. It was a hectic day. I leave the shop while texting Sarah to ask for dinner. She texts back for me bring chinese. I smile at her text, she's always want to eat chinese. Chinese is like like water for Sarah. She can't live without it. That's why Her roots being Spanish surprises me the most.

I was still texting back when suddenly a harsh voice stopped me in my tracks.
" Who are you smiling at?"

I stop at my track and raise my eyes to find the same hot man standing in front of me. Instinctly I take two steps back and frown  

"Excuse me? Are you talking to me?"

His face is stone still and eyes dark cold. He doesn't speak for a while, leaving me to draw thousand ideas about why he's here.

I am shitless afraid by now  when he finally speaks " Are you afraid Mousey?"

I wince at his insult, My hairs are mousey brown andfrizzy. Coupled with my button nose, it instantly makes me look like a stinky mouse. My height being short doesnt help much.

My foster siblings used to call me Jerry to tease. But coming from him it hurts.

" No, Never. Not from a bully like you"
This time he winces and his face becomes harder than before.

His fists tremble and in the next second he has me cornered. He cages me in and smack his right hand on the roof of the car behind me " I AM NOT A BULLY!" he speaks each words with such chill that a wake of goosebumps rises on my arms. He again smacks his hand making me close my eyes in fear. I am sure by now I am trembling as well but I have shut down and can't feel my body.

I don't hear anything for some time and finally I feel my blood rushing back in and senses back at me. I start to my feel my body while hesitantly open my eyes to find him gone. Like he was never there in the first place. For a minute I question myself 
"Was i dreaming?" .