C H A P T E R 11

Surprise update🤗 (unedited as usual)

Ashwin nervously buttoned up his shirt, trying to not let the jitteriness get the best of him.

Despite not having the slightest desire towards the marriage his mother had fixed for him, one thing he can't deny is how much he loved the in laws family.

Yes there were some or maybe one specific person's company that he especially enjoyed but aside from that he appreciated how the family has given him ample of personal space.

They only requested him to be present for certain mandatory activities such as the temple visit and of course later on for the marriage itself. Besides that they try not to overwhelm him with anything else probably because of the countless times his mother had emphasised on how he's not a people oriented person.

And of course having a close friend of yours as the brother in law has its perks. He knows you well and tries his best to make sure nothing makes you uncomfortable.

Which is precisely why a whole truck of anxiety hit Ashwin in one go when he woke up to a text from Rakshan, instructing him (yes it wasn't a request) to come down at 8.30 a.m to join the family for breakfast.

Did his beloved friend really have to ruin his quality time with thosai and thakkali chutney?

If it was his mother or even father, he would put up a whole fight but this was his friend. Rakshan rarely asks of him anything, so Ashwin knows there must be valid reason behind the sudden orders.

He tried to tame his wet hair that was messily sticking to his forehead and just took a minute to stare at his reflection.

One look at him and even a child would easily guess just how edgy he was. He breathed in deeply before exhaling out. And as usual he shut his eyes for a second and decided to chant his go-to mantra that worked wonders.

It's okay Ashwin, you got Sivaangi. Sivaangi is there. She will be there for you. For no one but you.

His eyes peeled open in shock when the realisation hit him. This wasn't his mantra, at least not a few days ago.

His old mantra was gone.

His precious gun didn't make him feel the safest anymore. Someone else has taken its place.

This brand new mantra worked like magic. His fears dissipated away into thin air, and his self esteem just had a rapid boost.

But now all he could think about was how did his cheeky mind even formulate such a mantra without his own knowledge?

Maybe it's because he doesn't have his gun with him at the moment. Yes that must be it.

He pouted with a loud sigh, even he wasn't convinced with that weak theory.

Sivaangi what the hell have you done to me?

...

"Oh my god, unaku dining room ku vara directions lam theriyuma?" Sakthi had to loudly exclaim to welcome his brother who awkwardly strode towards the huge table.

(So you do know the way to the dining room?)

Ashwin rolled his eyes, internally face palming. How could he even expect a non-dramatic, peaceful breakfast session when his demonic brother will be right there.

His eyes scanned the table, trying to detect a familiar face among all the people who were scattered around eating but she was nowhere to be found. He squinted his eyes, really trying to make sure if he was not just overlooking.