C H A P T E R 19

Enjoy🥰 (thank you for waiting patiently)

Living almost all her life in a dorm on her own, waking up from her sleep to the sound of the loud alarm had been the most mundane and irritating part of the day for Sivaangi.

There was nothing to look forward to. No one to even talk to.

Her heart would be engulfed with an emptiness and she hated it the most because she couldn't even tell what is it that she was missing, what is it that she needed to fill up the void spaces in her.

That's how her day would start and that's how her day would end. A miserable cycle she just could not escape.

But that first morning after her wedding, with much difficulty she peeled open her eyes when the sun rays directly hit her thanks to her husband. Ashwin had kindly drawn the curtains, as a last resort, hoping at least that will stir her awake after she ignored all his continuous pleas to wake up already.

And the first thing that her tired eyes landed on was her husband. Or specifically his chiseled upper body that was being showcased to no one but her alone as he stood by the mirror, drying his wet hair as a result of the shower he just took.

The corner of her lips weakly twitched and slowly curved into a rare smile as she continued admiring one of the finest creations of God.

"I knew there was a benefit in marrying you." Waking up to a beautiful and manly body is a true blessing in Sivaangi's philosophy.

Ashwin flinched upon her sudden voice and turned to find her giving him a lopsided grin while lying on her side with her head resting on her hand.

Hiding back a smile, he muttered. "Innum yenna yenna lam solranu naa pakuren."

(Can't wait to hear all the nonsense you're gonna come up with.)

She giggled before burying her face into the pillow as her voice came out muffled. "Good morning."

He snorted. "Adha neeye vechiko. Afternoon aagi romba neram aagiduchu."

(Yeah you keep that, it's been long since afternoon came about.)

Frowning, she squinted her eyes at the clock and realised that he wasn't exaggerating at all. It was really half past 12.

Sighing loudly, she grabbed the towel from the hook and headed towards the bathroom. "Unga amma yenna vechi seiya poranga."

(Your mom might slaughter me.)

"Inniki lam thitta matanga." In fact, Ashwin is aware that waking up very late after their supposed wedding night would only make the senior citizens of his family overjoyed who loved to make their own theories.

(She would let it pass for today.)

That made her pause and think before it hit her. She turned to give him a suggestive smile. "Ohhh..."

"Ohhh..." he joint her, nodding his head along to their little mischief that appeared unadulterated but concealed a subtly prurient meaning.

She suddenly chuckled. "Yelarum yenamo yenamo imagine pannitu irupanga, yenaku mattum thaan theriyum neenga oru waste fellow nu."