C H A P T E R 20

Here to kick away the Monday blues🤍

This is going to be a light hearted, breezy chapter so you may want to sit back, plug in your earpiece and turn on a cute, romantic playlist.

Enjoy🥰

If you think the long journey they had would tire out the tiny woman, then you are greatly mistaken just as the military officer was.

His own limbs and muscles ached as he yearned to stretch out his body, he yawned loudly when their car had finally stopped in front of a modest but lovely cottage.

Without even waiting for the car engine to be turned off, Sivaangi unbolted the heavy door of the car and sprinted off, resembling nothing but a toddler who found the toys aisle in the mall.

Unable to harmonise with her level of energy, Ashwin quietly thanked the driver and started to slowly unload the luggages from the trunk.

"Seekiram vaa Ashwiney! Seekiram!!!" Her booming voice caused him to accidentally drop one of her heavy luggages on his foot.

(Hurry up!!!)

"VAREN!" He yelled back through his teeth with an inaudible "dii..." that he swallowed in, unsure if they're up to that level of comfort yet since it's only been 4 days into their marriage.

(Coming!)

Rubbing his throbbing foot, he shut down the boot with a loud thud and with much difficulty, gripped onto all her 5 luggages while his own small backpack was slung around his shoulder.

He proceeded to the door as she capered around the front yard of the little house that's about to become their home for the next few years if everything goes according to Ashwin's plan.

"Military inga parunga poonai kutty iruku!" She squealed in delight as she crouched in front of the bushes, discovering a kitten that was now trying to run for its life from the peculiar human.

(Hey look, there's a kitten here!)

Ashwin sighed heavily. "Maa nee poonai kutty pathadhu illaya idhuku munnadi?"

(You've never seen a kitten before?)

She rolled her eyes before scurrying over to him and forcefully dragged her dreadful husband towards the bushes. "It's a newborn kitten! Yevlo cute ah iruku yenna madhri..."

(See how cute it is, just like me...)

When she didn't hear any response from him, she turned to stare at him, silently challenging him to disagree. Forcing out a smile, he agreed. "Aana adha vida nee thaan cute uh. Ulla polama?"

(But you are obviously cuter. Can we go in now?)

She threw her head back and giggled. "Naa yedhu sonnalum agree panringa Military! Jolly ah thaan iruku."

(You're really agreeing to everything I say! This is fun!)

Ashwin weakly let out an insincere grin, slumping down on the hard ground beside her. "Unaku tired eh aagadha ma? Nee pesuradhu, oduradhu lam paatha yenaku moochu vangudhu."

(Don't you ever get tired? I feel breathless to just watch you talking and running around like this.)

Usually he would have no problem cooing over her cute antics but after almost 2 days of traveling, he couldn't even remember what it takes to function like a normal human.

All he wanted was a bed to sleep on. He would take it even if you place the bed in the middle of the street and tell him that's where he should reside. That's how worn out he was.