C H A P T E R 18

Finally😊 Missed you all! Thank you for waiting so patiently!

Disclaimer: Wrote this while feeling very stressed abt a lot of things so I'm not sure how well the humour/romance worked out. Yedha irundhalum unga veetu pillaya nenachi mannichuuu🥺

Longest chapter ahead, enjoy❤️

The decorators who were hired exclusively for the wedding night preparations skill fully glamorized the large bedroom with every romantic element available out there; a grand canopy bed, flower chandelier hanging from the ceiling, rose petals scattered on the floor, scented candles filling the air, curtains with string lights and a platter of assorted fruits with champagne that could even trigger the love cells in your grandmother's frail body.

They were oblivious to the raging eyes of the woman who was supposed to supervise and assist them whenever necessary. Janani stood by the door as instructed by her son, fuming as she watched the life of the little girl she tried to ruin, slowly falling into place.

"Kalyanam nadaka vaipey illanu sonniyedi? Ippo first night ku room decorate panra varaikum vanthachu!" She hissed at her daughter.

(You were so confident that the wedding will not take place but now their first night room is getting prepared!)

Shalini rolled her eyes. "Nalaki thana kalyanam? Adhu kulla Ashwin eh indha kalyanatha stop pannuvan. Room decorate pannita kalyanam nadanthuroma?"

(The wedding is tomorrow right? By then, Ashwin himself would stop it. Just because the room is ready, you think the wedding would happen?)

"Nadakathu. Unna konnu pothachathuku aprom thaan kalyanam nadakum."

(It won't. It will only happen after I murder you and get rid of your body.)

Chills ran down their spines upon hearing the military man's voice out of nowhere. They turned to find him staring like he has dug graves for them already and all that was left for him to do was to kill them.

He eyed towards the decorators momentarily and spoke through his teeth. "Veliya vaanga."

(Come out.)

The duo reluctantly followed him outside to a lone corner and Shalini was quick to notice the shaken look in his eyes. She easily figured out that he had received the news from Sivaangi already just the way she had planned.

Clearing her throat, she played her cards smart. "Ashwin yenaku purithu unaku yevlo shocking ah irukumnu. But idhu thaan unmai. Naaney solluven, Sivaangi romba sweet and cute, naalu full ah ukkandhu pesitey irukalam. Semma jolly type thaan. But to marry, to start a family?" Shalini shook her head with a pitiful smile before answering her own question. "Adhukulam ava set aaga maata. Ava background apdi-"

(Ashwin I understand how shocked you must be feeling. But this is the truth. I would admit, Sivaangi is such a sweet and cute person, you can spend the entire day with her because that's how fun she is. But to marry, to start a family? She's not cut out for a life like that. Her background-)

"Vaaya moodu di!" His voice boomed through the dark hallway.

(Shut the hell up!)

The gentle and reserved military officer who only speaks when absolutely necessary and always keeps his cool was all gone. Janani especially was not used to his explicit aggression, she was quick to jump in to defend her daughter.  "Paathu pesunga Ashwin! Unga nalladhuku thaan-"

(Watch your mouth Ashwin! We're talking for your own good-)

"Unga vayasuku mattum thaan naa mariyadha kudukanumnu nenakiren. Pesa vechidathinga! Kekra kelvi saagura varaikum marakadhu!" He cut her off to warn as he raised a finger.