C H A P T E R 14

Start the new week with a smile🦋
(unedited🙏🏻)

The older woman stomped into the living room and tossed a few things on the console table, grabbing everyone's attention. "Neenga kudutha watch, chain, ring...yella managattiyum!"

(Here's everything you gifted my son!)

Sniffing hard from all the overflowing emotions. Janani turned to her daughter who stood like a rock, not moving at all as if she just wanted to disappear from the surface of the earth. "Unna nambunathuku yenga yellarayum romba peruma paduthita. Inimey un appa va porutha varaikum neeyum onnu dhaan, andha saniyanum onnu dhaan."

(You've done us proud for trusting you. From now on, there's really no difference between you and that abomination in your father's eyes.)

That triggered her waterworks as tears started rolling down her cheeks all over again. If only the romance she heard of Ashwin and Sivaangi was true. How easy would it have been if the wedding had stopped because of their affair and not because of her dirty little secret?

Sakthi suddenly held his phone up to his mother and asked. "Ma, chithi andha dam kitta irukangalam. Right yedukanuma left yedukanumanu kekuranga."

(Ma, aunt has reached the dam. She's asking if she should take a right or left.)

His mother glared, really wishing she had a broomstick to smack him with. "DEI! Nera poyi yengayavudhu modha sollu! Inga nadakura koothalam vandhu vedika paaka yellarukum direction sollitu irukiya?!"

(Ask her to bang straight into somewhere. You're giving directions to people to come here and look at this circus?)

"Chithi apdiye oru U-turn potrunga." He quickly whispered into the phone before ending the call. "Ma, ippo yedhuku nee ivlo kovam padura? Avanga love thana pannanga? So what? Adhaan one day before sollitangalla. Actually avangala namma appreciate thaan pannanum unmaya sonnadhuku."

(Aunt, just take a U-turn and go back home.) (Mom why are you getting so angry? She just loves someone. She already told us one day before. We should actually appreciate her by right.)

"Aama da, ooru full ah poster adichi otti ivaluku paraatu vizha nadathulam! Yenna kolagariya aakidatha Sakthi!" She was fuming.

(Yeah sure let's put up posters for her all over the country and have an appreciation ceremony for her! Do you really want me to commit murder?!)

"Amma, life namma plan panna madhriye poiduchuna bore aadichidum. Ippo indha sambawam nadakulana yenna aagirukum? Nalaki kalyanam nadanthurkum. Aprom reception. Aprom first night. Aprom honeymoon. Aprom yellarum bye sollitu kelambuvom. Romba basic ah iruku. Ippo paarunga, oru madhri thrill ah iruku. Indha serial lam thodarum apdinu potu mudicha madhri, aduthu yenna nadaka podhunu oru excitement irukula!"

(Mom, life doesn't always go according to our plans. If this didn't happen today, things would have been so boring. But now don't you feel the thrill to know what's gonna happen next?)

Sakthi only then noticed that everyone, even his mother, were eyeing with bewilderment at something behind him. Curious, he twisted his head and spotted his brother walking down the stairs. Sivaangi walked closely after him.

Confused at why they were reacting like they caught them both kissing or something, Sakthi squinted his eyes to detect the shocking factor. And when finally did, he loudly gasped before covering his mouth.