English Lessons

It was a typical Friday night and I was closing at Sato's Sweets. The only anomaly was Murasakibara was late, he had graced Yosens basketball team with his presence for practice. In his absence he sent me a stupidly long list of snacks he wanted and to save time I was picking it all out now. 

I had my phone attached to the Bluetooth speaker behind the front counter listening to music as I systematically scoured the shelves for all of the snacks he wanted. 

If Kana-san sees this I may aswell fake my death and start over.

The song changed and I immediately recognised the song. I started swaying to the beat as my fingers lazily traced over the shelves looking for the right flavour if crisps. 

"Fine lass, nice ass, cat ears and she uwu" I mumbled to myself as I continued half heartedly dancing around.

"Uhh what is this?" I squealed and jumped to my left at the sudden intrusion. I was so caught up in….everything i didnt hear the door open.

"Oh my god, Mu-kun you scared the crap out of me!" He was leaning casually against the aisle shelf I was sifting through for snacks. His large muscular arm was resting on top of the shelving unit with his head resting in his large hand. He looked (and smelled) like he had been training for a while, his hair was tied up and his white tshirt had clearly been drenched with water to cool off. His black basketball shorts looked okay while his white basketball sneakers were filthy. 

"Is that even in Japanese?" He asked lazily looking at the basket of snacks hanging off my arm. 

"No, it's in English"

"So...like... what does it mean?" 

"Huh?"

"The lyrics, what do they say?"

"Uh...well you see...uh."

And so began the most awkward English lesson of my life. 

"Ohhh so....the collar thing-" he stopped to pull at his t-shirt neck line.

"Is like...a real collar but also a play on words"

"Yes."

"Wow Aya-chin, I didn't pick you for one to be into that kind of stuff."

"What?"

"Got her handcuffed, put chains on me, bitch" he repeated back in very scuffed English with a lazy smirk. 

I could feel my face flushing as I stammered to respond which only made him smirk more.

"Do you like, wear cat collars in your spare time?"

"We're leaving now!"

"But you haven't got everything in my list?!" 
"Now!"

"Jeez it was only a question Aya-chin. Anyway, you'd look cute with a cat collar and ears" he drawled lazily.

A plastic jar of fluff hit him square in the face.