Panic

It was Friday once again, Tatsuya had messaged our group chat that week stating they had practice late most nights that week and wouldn't be able to hang out until later after my shift ended. It worked for me, Okaasan flew back in from her latest project abroad and was picking me up after work to go to dinner.

It had been a slow afternoon at Sato's but had started to pick up in the last hour and a half before closing. There were three men in the store, they'd been here a while looking at all the goodies on the shelves.One was taller with dark hair and sharp features, another had long blonde hair that looked like it hadn't been washed in weeks with facial hair and the third was shorter, pudgier and his face was bright red and bloated. They all seemed to be of college age at least. The taller one with dark hair would come over to talk to me asking about the current snack he had in his hand, this had been going on for the 20 odd minutes they had been here and it was now 30 minutes to closing when my phone buzzed on the counter. I picked my phone and saw it was a text from Okaasan.

'I'm so sorry my little hare there is an emergency at work and I'll be home late. We will do dinner tomorrow night instead xoxo'

I sighed and jumped into my group chat with Tatsuya and Murasakibara.

'Okaasan isn't coming home until late. Did you want to hang out after you finish practice?' - Sayaka 6:30pm

I sent the message and placed my phone in my pocket as the same guy walked over, this time he was leaning right up against the desk.

"Hey, hi sorry. About these chips. What's the flavour like?" Something caught my attention this time.

Is that...alcohol? Are they drunk snack shopping? That explains a lot.

"If you want a savoury flavour they are quite good. Also please be aware we close in 30 minutes" I gave him a small smile.

"Oh well in that case what are you doing in 30 minutes" he laughed while now slurring his s's.

"Oh ah going home"

A feeling of unease started to form in my chest, seeping into every pore in my body.

I don't like this...

"Come home with us instead sweetheart. We're having a party!" Called out the short red cheeked man.

"No thank you. Please don't let me keep you from your shopping" I replied politely but the hair on the back of my neck was starting to raise. All three were now eyeing me, looking at each other and whispering.

I reached into my pocket and pulled my phone out. Tatsuya and Murasakibara had replied in our group chat.

'We should be done by 8' - Tatsuya Himuro 6:35pm.

'8? Are you for real Muro-chin?!' - Atsushi Murasakibara 6:35pm.

'Okay cool, I should be finished by then' - Sayaka 6:36pm.

'Just in case you weren't sure Aya-chin you finish at 7'- 6:36pm Atsushi Murasakibara

'There's a couple drunk college guys here taking their time, I might be out a little later' - Sayaka 6:36pm

'Are they causing a problem?' - Tatsuya Himuro 6:36pm.

'Uh not really...but they've been here a while... and I think they might be drunk. They keep babbling to me 😅' - Sayaka 6:36pm.

'What do they keep talkin to ya for?' - Atsushi Murasakibara 6:36pm.

'They keep inviting me to their party, too bad for them I have plans tonight' - Sayaka 6:37pm.

'And they have been loitering and are still there?' Tatsuya Himuro 6:37pm.

'Uh well yeah they keep browsing' - Sayaka 6:37pm.