Birthday

It was mid afternoon Saturday, the weather in Akita was miserable with rain falling rhythmically as dark rain clouds swallowed the sky. I was sitting in my bed wrapped in blankets destroying a boss on my video game, chewing the strings on my hoodie anxiously when my bedroom door was flung open with a loud bang. 

"Happy birthday Say-Say-chan!" yelled Nozomi launching at me from the door and tackling me onto my bed. As she was 6ft tall I was basically crushed. 

"Did you think you were going to celebrate your 16th birthday alone?" Okaasan asked as she leant on my door frame. Thats when I noticed Yuka, Akane and Sora in my room as well. 

"Did you guys come all the way out here for me?" 

"Of course we did it's your birthday" Akane said in a matter of fact tone. I noticed all of the girls, even Nozomi were dressed to the nines….while I was sitting in bed in my underwear with an oversized hoodie on with chewed up strings. 

"Get up lazy bones, were getting you ready to go out!" Nozomi said with a huge grin, still sprawled across my body. 

"And, we're staying over!" Sora added with a smile. 

"Nozomi, get off of her so Yuka can make her look less homeless" 

"Akane it's her birthday!" Snapped Yuka. 

"What? She does look homeless right now" 

"Yes, she does. I'm glad you girls are here to help her get ready. She just lives a in hoodies or her training gear" Okaasan fake sobbed against the door.

"Eh, thanks Okaasan." 

It was now about 8PM. The girls and I had gotten a lift with Okaasan to a restaurant down town for dinner and were walking an arcade.

"Why didn't you tell us you had some sort of style?" Yuka said genuinely astonished, getting a giggle out of the others. 

"We've been to parties, I wore other clothes!" 

"Look, what you wear to parties is fine but this is just so cute!" Gushed Nozomi. 

Yuka and Sora discovered my closet and flipped at the assortment of clothes that weren't for training.
Yuka was on wardrobe while Sora chose to do my hair and make up. Honestly I felt like a doll being dressed up but my trust was not misplaced.

I was wearing a short pink tartan skirt, black spiked belt with small chains on the side dangling on the side of my skirt. I had a matching pink cardigan on that sat off my shoulders with small bell sleeves. I wore a black turtle neck body suit underneath, since it was cold. To complete my look I had black stockings with platform black boots, making me almost as tall as Nozomi and a cute little black choker with a heart around my neck. 
My hair was mostly left alone apart from a quick hair straightening. It was left out completely and flowed to my shoulder blades. My bangs still the same, slightly longer on the side to frame my face and cut just above my eyes to not be in my face.
Sora went for my usual look, light foundation and some mascara, however she added cat eye liner and a small amount of pink eyeshadow that matched my cardigan. 

"We know you love your pastel goth chic in a more…down played way. But girl, you look fire and its your birthday!" Sora was proud as punch of her work.

"They did well" Akane agreed with a nod. 

"Thank you both so much again, ahh….It's not too much though…right?"

"No!" They all said in unison. 

We arrived at the arcade, Nozomi bad her arm around my shoulder.

"I'm going to wipe you across the floor in Street fighter, I've been practising for this moment" she declared.