renhyuck | love

desc:
when lovesick loser haechan and boy-next-door-with-no-knowledge-about-love-whatsoever renjun meet, they feel something. but neither of them believe it.

SIDE BY SIDE WITH UPCOMING ONESHOT
" nomin | sunflower "
takes place 6 months later

(ꕥ)

"you seem oddly happy today."

johnny smiled at donghyuck through the phone. "well." he panned the camera down to taeil resting his head on his chest. the older waved at the camera.

donghyuck rolled his eyes playfully. "you two are always together."

"why wouldn't we be?" johnny gasped dramatically as taeil planted a kiss on his cheek.

johnny moved his phone back to his face, seeing the look on donghyuck's face. "what?"

"ew, love."

"oh, shut up."

~

renjun sped down the hall. he was late, super late, and his skirt was definitely flying up, but he was late.

the boy turned a corner, slamming head-on into someone.

renjun's legs felt weak and he felt to the ground.

"oh my gosh, are you okay?" it was a male's voice.

renjun went to nod, but his head started spinning.

he didn't really remember anything after that.

~

donghyuck twiddled his thumbs nervously as the boy that he'd bumped into (or who bumped into him, he wasn't sure) slowly rose from the bed in the nurse's office.

the boy looked confused. "where am i?"

"the nurse's office." donghyuck finally took a good look at the male and woah, he was pretty.

renjun shook his head, instantly feeling a sting. at this point, he didn't know if the handsome boy in front of him was real or fake.

"the nurse said you probably have a minor concussion," donghyuck mentioned.

renjun groaned. "probably would've been better to start with that."

donghyuck put his arms up as he stood. "woah there. just looking out for you." he stuck out a hand.

"i'm donghyuck."

renjun looked at the boy's hand in complete disbelief. hallucinations were part of concussions, right? how was he to know that if he locked hands with the once stranger, the hand wouldn't dissolve into pieces, the beautiful illusion gone?

donghyuck noticed this and slowly grabbed renjun's wrist, bringing the latter's hand to his. he moved their now intertwined hands ip and down, essentially shaking them.

"renjun, right?"

the mentioned boy choked out a 'yes'. why was his heart beating so fast? were his cheeks heating up?

what's this feeling?

donghyuck, meanwhile, smiled and dropped renjun's hand. "i think you'll be okay. now if you'd excuse me, i have a science test that i cannot miss."

as the former left the room, the feeling that renjun had was gone.

what just happened?

~