johnmark | something in the water (iv)

read part iii first!

(ꕥ)

"...eomma? appa?"

the two adults' eyes widened. "you must be mistaken," the woman stuttered out. in reality, she had just noticed how skinny mark had gotten.

"mark?"

the boy's eyes widened as well, then crinkled as a happy smile spread across his face. "taeyong hyung!"

the two hugged across the counter, tears welling up in their eyes. their mother cleared her throat and their dad took control.

"taeyong, who do you think you're hugging?"

taeyong turned around, a large dose of annoyance in his voice. "my brother. you know, the one whom you kicked out and he probably almost died."

mark shyly nodded. his brother was completely right.

the two began conversing with ease, ignoring their parents' calls to try and get them to seperate. but the lee siblings were stuck together like glue.

~

mark arrived at home, noticing the confused look on johnny's face. "are you okay?"

johnny sighed. "yeah, i'm alright. just... nevermind. it's fine."

"whatever you say." mark looked at the older suspiciously but decided not to press for an answer.

johnny watched as mark sat down on the couch next to him, reaching into the already open chip bag.

and he got an idea.

johnny grabbed a chip from the bag, sticking it in mark's face. just as the younger was about to eat it, he gracefully pulled it away.

after he repeated this a few more times, mark grabbed the chip from him.

johnny handed the former another chip, opening his mouth wide. "my turn."

mark rolled his eyes, slightly annoyed, but grinned and complied. he brought the chip to johnny's face and was caught off guard by the latter completely moving his arm out of the way and pressing their lips together.

it was sudden; mark's arm still was suspended in the air, held up by johnny's. when they finally pulled away from each other, mark's face reddened.

johnny smiled. "i really like you, mark lee." he picked the chip out of the younger's hand and ate it.

mark's face still burned red, but he grinned. "i really, really like you."

~

"what? oh my gosh-- we'll be right there." johnny bustled around the living room, phone in one hand, keys in the other. his jacket was already on, and he slipped on his shoes as he gestured for mark.

by the time johnny got off the call, the car was speeding down the road.

"where are we going?" mark asked, noticing johnny's knuckles turning white.