yangdery | gravity (i)

desc:
a depressed teenager and a happy-go-lucky intern meet in the hospital. turns out there's more than they think they're hiding from each other...
" gravity brought us together... "

inspired by the book " suicide notes "!

⚠︎︎ swearing, mentions of death, suicide, depression, anxiety, abuse, graphic suicide attempt ⚠︎︎

(ꕥ)

day 1

beep.
beep.
beep.

yangyang fluttered his eyes open to the soft beeping and whirring of machines all around him.

a hospital.

the boy could see ribbons of bandages wrapped around his wrists.

right.

a few minutes passed before a nurse came into the room. she saw the boys was awake, immediately walking back out.

yangyang chuckled a bit at this, but the nurse soon came back with a doctor.

soundlessly, a needle was stuck in his arm, blood being drawn from it. it was ironic– someone is loosing blood and you proceed to take more?

but yangyang felt too tired to speak. he wanted to sleep instead, but felt too weak to even shut his eyes.

~

day 2

another doctor came in. yangyang was wide awake by now, having just eaten breakfast, and he looked up bored.

he didn't hear much of what the doctor said; just something about his condition and therapy.

therapy?

he would start in a few days.

~

day 3

yangyang sat awake in his room, early in the morning. he was waiting for the doctors to do their daily check up on him.

instead, when he heard footsteps, he was met with curious eyes.

"oh– sorry," and just as he were just there, the boy disappeared, a call of kunhang! coming from somewhere in the hall.

~

day 4

the aforementioned "kunhang" (as yangyang assumed his name was) poked his head into the patient's door again. however, he entered this time.

"i've been assigned to kind of... help you around. so let me introduce myself, i guess. wong kunhang. i'm an intern."

the boy held out his hand, yangyang staring blankly at it for a few seconds.

oh right, i'm supposed to function.

yangyang shook kunhang's hand. "liu yangyang, but i guess you already knew that."

kunhang smiled, a sight that had yangyang get a fluttery feeling in his stomach.

~

day 5

yangyang was allowed out of his room, which was good. he got bored of staring at the blank walls.

when kunhang shuffled him out of his room, the patient took in the wide common area. a couch sat nicely in the middle of the room, and he dived towards it immediately, making the intern laugh.

that fluttery feeling in yangyang's stomach returned as he heard the sound. it was weird for him to feel this way. the last time was when he had a crush on a girl in grade nine.

...until he figured out he was an asexual demiromantic. and he barely knew the girl.

the feeling was scary.

~

day 6

today was yangyang's first day of therapy. kunhang showed him where the room was, and yangyang immediately drooped like a flower when he was told the intern couldn't come with him.

therapy was just the psychologist– mr. song was his name– getting to know the patient. yangyang felt himself getting quieter and quieter in the room, not like he had said anything before.

~

day 7

yangyang only had therapy every other day, so he wanted to spend this period of time to learn more about kunhang.

they sat across from each other on the common room couch, an intense game of 20 questions being fired at one another.

yangyang learned that hendery was a med student just a few years older than him, and he was volunteering (more like intern-ing) in the psych ward.

in summary, yangyang was taking a quick liking to him.

TO BE CONTINUED IN PART II (GROUNDED)

***

so my dad got me this uh

i thank him very much

also mr. song can be mingi if you want

lOOK AT JOHNIL IN THAT PIC UGH