johnmark | something in the water (iii)

read part ii first!

(ꕥ)

as the weeks went on, mark felt his crush on johnny... developing.

it started off as small giggles whenever the older entered the room to not even being able to share eye contact without blushing.

mark's... food situation was steadily improving as well. he felt less tired, and his once prominent rib lines had disappeared completely from view.

now, ten had come over, and johnny just left to run to the store. it was just him and mark.

mark took a deep breath. he knew ten was best friends with johnny since whenever, so clearly he'd have the best advice, right?

he was wrong.

"ten hyung? can i ask you about something?"

ten placed down his phone. "sure."

"well, um," mark started, "i like johnny. like, like like. and i just..."

the younger began to ramble, a frequent habit of his. whenever he did, he tended to ignore the people around him, as he was so focused on what he would say.

because of this, he didn't notice the growing scowl on ten's face.

"...i just don't know what to do." mark finished his rant, looking up to see the disgusted look on his hyung's face.

"what the actual fuck."

mark quickly rewinded in his mind, thinking of anything he could've said wrong.

ten, meanwhile, was both shocked and extremely angry. "you– you can't like him!"

"...why?" mark mustered up the courage to ask that.

big mistake.

"because i like him!"

before the other could even open his mouth to say anything, ten exploded.

"i can't believe this. i– you– ugh. i've been friends with johnny since kindergarten. i've liked him for two years. but you, you come out of fucking nowhere and now you're almost all he talks about! and now you're telling me you like him. well, life just seems to love fucking me over, i see how it is. you can't just come out of nowhere and steal my crush!

"i'm not mad at you for liking him– who am i kidding, i am– but i'm mainly mad because when i finally thought i might even have the slimmest chance with johnny, you just waltz in and mess up every shitty thing in this world!

you've barely been here for six months, when it took me five fucking years of my life to come to terms with my sexuality, and almost a year after that to finally admit to myself that i liked johnny! but you're literally a fucking nobody who's practically taken any feeling he had for me– and he did!

i wish he never saved you from the water, bitch." and with that, ten grabbed his things, marched to the front door and slammed it shut behind him.

mark felt tears welling up in his eyes, and attempted to blink them back. but now, it was impossible to hold them.

it felt like a dam had been worn down and collapse, unleashing a flood of pure water.