Kabanata 18

BTP KABANATA 18

"So, kayo na nga?" intriga ni Kev na ngayon ay nakaupo sa sofa ng condo ko habang kumakain ng cake.

Umiling ako bago pumunta sa kitchen para kumuha ng akin. "He's courting me," I said when I got back.

"Pero may meet the parents na naganap?" he looked at me suspiciously. "Buti hindi na-highblood si tito," tumawa pa siya.

He shifted to the right so I could sit beside him.

"Anong hindi? Naiyak kamo!" I said, imagining my Dad crying again.

"Alam mo namang pagdating sayo iyakin ang Dad mo. 'Yan ang when kaya!" pagak siyang tumawa kaya lumapit ako sa kaniya para yakapin siya.

"My Dad is also your Dad. Remember when my Dad told you that you can call him Dad too?" I smiled at him to comfort him.

I guess we both have personal issues with our families. The only thing that makes us different is that my parents care for me every single time, that it suffocates me, while Kev, his parents, don't care at all.

"That's why I'm grateful to your family. You guys made me feel like I'm loved more than I think I was," he sniffed. "How are they?" he added.

I shrugged. "They look normal, but they're sweeter these past few days, according to Manang Shane. I'm afraid I'll have a younger sibling anytime soon," I cringed.

Kev laughed at me while I frowned. I couldn't imagine having a younger sibling. I've always been the only princess that everyone spoils. It will surely be hard for me to adjust when that happens.

"Kung mangyayari man 'yun, edi my kahati ka sa yaman niyo," Kev laughed.

"That's the last thing I want right now. And Mom might have a hard time giving birth," I said.

But there's a part of me that wants a sibling, especially a sister. I used to ask my parents to give me a sister because I wanted someone I could rely on when things got tough. Someone that shares the same interest as mine. It would be nice to have one.

Kev and I spent the whole morning baking sweets. He wanted to learn how to bake. Tinanong ko siya kung para kanino 'yun, pero mukhang ayaw niyang sabihin kaya hinayaan ko na lang.

The easiest thing I taught him was Thumb Cookies. That was also the first thing I learned because it's easy and hassle-free. We needed to use Jam, but he insisted on using Nutella rather. Hindi na ako umangal kasi siguradong hindi naman ako mananalo.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with me?" pag-aya ni Kev sa akin. He'll go to Pampangan today to have a food trip.

"I'm too lazy to go to a long drive," I said. Ang gusto ko lang ngayon ay manood ng Netflix.

"Okay. If you need anything from Pampanga, don't hesitate to call me."

Tumango ako sa kaniya habang inaayos ang kalat namin. Lumabas siya ng condo ko kaya bumalik ako sa ginagawa ko. Ang dami pang natira na cookies at sigurado ako na hindi ko mauubos ang mga 'yon.

When I finished cleaning our mess, I went straight to the bathroom to take a bath. Balak kong pumunta sa condo ni Satan ngayon para bigyan siya ng cookies na ginawa namin ni Kev. He gave me a spare key of his condo and I did the same.

I heard a knock on the door when I got out of the bathroom. I quickly put my clothes on before opening the door.

"What—" I wasn't able to finish when he gave me the paper bag he was holding.

"I brought you coffee and churros," Satan said, smiling more widely than usual.

I was startled. He felt shy and slowly moved his hands to his side. Tumungo siya kaya nagtaka ako.