Kabanata 31

BTP KABANATA 31

"I hope we can be friends after this," Heather said, smiling.

Ngumiti ako at tumang. "Of course," I said.

"I should give you back to Satan," she said, looking at Satan, who was behind us. His hands were placed inside his pocket, and his brow was arched.

"You're saying that as if I'm an object..." I glared at her.

She squatted towards my ears. "Both of you deserve each other. I mean it," she giggled.

Heather hugged me before waving her hands. She ran towards her sister, who was glaring at her. Celine really is a spoiled brat, I can tell. I could see how Heather tries to be close to her, but Celine always ignores her. Whatever her reason for her actions... I hope she won't regret it... because Heather is a nice sister.

"What did you two talk about?" Satan asked.

My first instinct is to ignore him, but I owe him something today. Instead, I looked at him and shook my head. "Just random things way back in med school," I answered.

"Did she tell you how much you scare her?" he smirked.

I rolled my eyes at him. "It's not my intention, okay? I couldn't handle my expression before," I defended myself.

"But still, you look really scary before."

"You were scared, too?" I raised a brow.

"No..." he said, smiling. "You were more on the cute side than the scary side." Satan moved beside me and tucked my hair behind my ears.

"Hands off." Tinabig ko ang kamay niya. "There are so many people here. The last thing I want right now is an issue."

Instead of talking, he grabbed my hand and pulled me somewhere. I didn't want to get the attention of everyone, so I let him pull me away. A part of me is saying that the reason why I didn't refuse was that I also want to talk to me. 

Baka ngayon na talaga ang tamang oras para mag-usap kami. We already wasted shit tons of time working on our personal issues. 

He immediately hugged me when we reached their rest house. I slightly pushed him and coughed.

"Follow me," I said, walking towards the garden.

I halted when I reached the peaceful side of their garden. May malaking pool doon at maraming halaman. Kaagad akong napahawak sa ilong ko nang maramdam kong malapit na akong bumahing.

"Let's talk over there... Masyadong maraming bulaklak dito," Satan said. Hinila niya ako sa kabilang banda ng pool kung saan may mga upuan.

I sat beside him and crossed my legs. No words escaped my lips, as well as his. We were silent... and like before, I find it calming.

"That's enough hiding, hmm? Let's stop playing games, Vera," he said.

I saw him looking intently at me. His stares were pleading... I clenched my hands into a fist to stop myself from doing something I would regret.

"We weren't playing games in the first place," I said, averting my gaze. "Do you see all of this as a joke?" pagak akong tumawa.

"No..." bulong niya.

"Then why would you say that?"

"You left..." his voice broke. "You left me before without saying a word," he bitterly said.

I felt a bang in my heart. Parang pinipiga ako puso ko.

"Mahal na mahal kita, Vera..." bulong niya. "That's why I was so confused when you left without saying something... I would trade everyone to have you."