Kabanata 35

BTP KABANATA 35

"Will you excuse me? I need to talk to someone," I asked Satan.

He nodded and ruffle my hair. Tumayo ako mula sa kinauupuan ko at binuksan ang cellphone ko. I dialed a number and after a few seconds, the person I was calling answered the call.

"You can drop it now," I plainly said.

"Lahat po?" tanong ng nasa kabilang linya.

I nodded even though they couldn't see me. "Yes. All of the articles I drafted."

"Hindi po ba magagalit ang manager niyo?" nag-aalalang tanong niya.

"Whatever I am about to enter is not his business. I'll do what I want to do, so drop those articles now," seryosong utos ko.

Ibinaba ko ang tawag at bumalik sa pwesto namin kanina ni Satan. He was sitting quietly while looking at the calm waves. He won't even notice that I already came back if I didn't talk.

"A penny for your thoughts?"

Satan promptly looked at me and gave me a smile. "Are you done talking to someone?" he asked, and I nodded.

My phone vibrates when I'm about to speak.

From: Reporter

Na-publish na po 'yung mga articles na ginawa niyo, Miss Vera. Nagsisimula na pong tignan ng mga tao ang articles.

"May I ask a favor?" Bumalik ako kay Satan.

"Sure," he said, waiting for me to continue.

"Open your social media account and look at the trending topics," I said. By now, I know a lot of people have already seen the article I made.

Nagtatakang kinuha niya ang phone niya. He opened his Twitter account and went straight to the trend list. Lalong kumunot ang noo niya nang makita niyang trending ang pangalan ko.

He looked at me, confused. "What's this?"

I shrugged. "Look for yourself."

Pinindot niya ang trend list ata kaagad na bumungad sa kanya ang article na pina-publish ko sa isang reporter.

JUST IN: Model and Ob-Gynecologist, Veraine Belmonte admitted her relationship with Doctor Nate Montecillo. An article recently circulated that the two had been friends and had an intimate relationship during their early 20s. Recently, they were both seen in Subic, at Doc. Montecillo's rest house. See Vera Belmonte's letter below.

'Hello. This is Vera. I would like to admit that the recent issue was all true. I've met Satan, this is what I call him, since my college days. We had a nice relationship, but due to personal privacy, we had to part ways. Nevertheless, we found our way back to each other again. To my favorite person, if you're reading this, I just want to say that I love you. Mahal kita.'

Satan lifted his head after reading the whole article. His eyes were filled with longingness and relief. 

I opened my arms for him and tilted my head a bit. He rushed to me and accepted my hug.

"Sabi ko naman sayo, pwede na," bulong ko.

"I love you," he said.

"You love me?"

Tumango siya. "You're my favorite person."

"You're my favorite person, too," I replied. "I want to stay like this, but I'm afraid we need to go back to Manila."

His forehead creased. "Why?"

"We need to attend an interview, and I need to talk to my parents," sagot ko na agad niyang tinanguan.