Chapter Three

The kids had all drifted off to sleep well into the early hours of the morning, having over indulged on butterbeer.

Alastriona had fallen asleep on the couch, curled up next to Draco with her head resting against his shoulder.

"Wake up! Wake up!" A voice cried, Alastriona lifted her head up to see Adelaide Zabini running around and rousing everyone in the tent, "Get up, now!" She called loudly, Theo stumbled out of a bedroom as did Blaise and Darcy sleepily opened the door to hers, a death glare ready in her eyes, it vanished as she saw how panicked Adelaide was.

Alastriona stood as Draco gently grabbed her arm, pulling her up with him.

Adelaide put her hands on her son's shoulders and made sure he was paying attention, "You need to get out of here, run to the woods and don't return until it's over! Do you understand, Blaise?" Blaise nodded, the tiredness gone from his face as the seriousness of his mother's words washed over him.

Together they ran out of the tent, it was pure chaos, parents and children running in all directions, some people were running towards the danger.

On their far left they could see tents going up in flames as people marched through the rows. Wizards dressed in dark cloaks and masks, above them they were levitating... muggles.

Darcy choked back a gasp at the way the muggles were being treated as they were tipped upside down with no knowledge of what was happening, they were only able to scream in helpless protest.

Adelaide took out her wand and sent one last look to Blaise and Alastriona, "Go to the woods. Now!" With that she took off and headed straight towards where the chaos had started, pushing past people to get through and try to help however she could. 

"Come on, let's go!" Blaise called loudly as more people started to exit their tents, hearing the screams, smoke from the flames wafting through the campsite. 

Alastriona tried to keep up but she hadn't put her shoes on, her feet were scraping roughly against the grass and people's litter as she ran.

Everyone was rushing around her, unable to see her until it was too late and they kept bumping into her and she was getting knocked around off the path Blaise had taken. When she was finally able to steady her feet it was too late, she'd looked up and had lost sight of all her friends!

"Blaise!" She yelled, she jumped up, trying to spot her friends but she couldn't see anyone! "Blaise!" She cried desperately but there was no response, just the deafening sounds of other people shouting in panic.

Alastriona was pushed by a witch rushing past her and someone shoved her to the side of the path. She fell roughly to the ground and another body staggered into her, Alastriona's head whipped to the side and her forehead scraped roughly against something sticking out of the ground. She cried out as she felt the sting from her hairline down to her left eyebrow followed by the hotness of the blood as it slowly leaked out. 

Then someone was behind her and hands were grabbing under her arms, pulling her up swiftly. Alastriona turned and a sob of relief was pulled from her at Blaise's face. "Get on my back." He told her, he knelt down and she climbed onto his back without comment.