Chapter Eleven

"Are you sure you want to enter the tournament, Cedric?" Alastriona asked Cedric Diggory as they walked to the Great Hall for breakfast on the 30th of October. Tonight the students from both Durmstrang and Beauxbatons would be arriving. 

Cedric chuckled and slung an arm over her shoulder. "Worried, little Red?" He teased.

Alastriona scoffed, "Of course not, merely worried fame would go to your head."

Cedric laughed and they sat down at the Hufflepuff table, "I promise I'll be fine, but yes I want to enter."

"Well, okay." Alastriona breathed in deeply, "Then you have my full support." 

"Thank you." Cedric smiled at her before loading up her plate with toast, bacon and scrambled eggs and put the same on his plate. "And I fully support you not breaking your nose for the rest of the school year."

Alastriona groaned and rolled her eyes, she poured herself a cup of tea and one for Cedric as well. "I didn't break my nose on purpose! But yes I shall try to avoid it from now on." Alastriona's eyes flickered briefly over to the Ravenclaw table where Cho Chang was seated and looking over at Cedric every few seconds periodically. "How're things going with Cho?" 

"Slow and steady, we're just talking for now." Cedric said.

"That's all right, you've got time." Alastriona smiled at him and scooped up some eggs into her mouth. 

"How about you and Draco?" It was a good time to question her considering she couldn't protest with her mouth full of eggs, "People have been chatting about how you two seem really close."

"You mean gossiping?" Alastriona mumbled right before she took a sip of tea, "There isn't anything to say really, we just like each other, I don't really expect anything because of his parents."

Cedric did not approve. "You deserve better—"

"I like him. And as long as he's somewhat in my life then that's okay, and when he's ready to actually date me then I'll be ready. Otherwise we're just friends." Alastriona's voice was strong and steady, but her eyes betrayed her as they flashed with pain at Cedric before staring down at her breakfast.

"Morning, Draco." Cedric said in a forcefully pleasant tone. Alastriona rolled her eyes, about to tell him off for trying to trick her.

"Diggory." Alastriona flinched massively, entirely unaware of Draco's presence behind her. There was no forced pleasantries in Draco's voice though, just obvious dislike. He sat by Alastriona's side and gave her a warm smile, "Morning, Red."

Alastriona glanced between the two, Cedric Diggory and Draco Malfoy, there couldn't really be two different people in the world and them sitting so close made her entirely uncomfortable.

"Oh, thank Merlin." Alastriona sighed in relief as Darcy plopped down next to Cedric. 

"Have you seen who my sister is talking to?" She asked, glaring across the Hall in the direction of the Slytherin table.

They turned around and Victoria Mint was laughing happily with Olivia Goldberg, a notorious bully from Slytherin. She was in her third year and caused nothing but trouble.

Alastriona's mouth dropped open, "She tried to push someone called Luna Lovegood down a flight of stairs last year."

Lee Jordan sat down next to Darcy at that moment and began glaring at Tori from across the room. "Your sister has taken things too far, Darcy."

Before they could ask what happened they were joined by Blaise, Theo, Fred and George.

Blaise sat on Alastriona's other side and George slumped into the seat beside him. Fred took a seat on the opposite side of the table so he was facing Blaise directly and Theo took a seat next to Draco.