Chapter Twenty-Five

"Alastriona! Alastriona!"
She heard her name being called over and over again. Alastriona gasped as air filled her lungs and her arms started flailing in a panic as she realised she was in the freezing water of the Great Lake! 

"I've got you! I've got you, Alastriona! It's okay!" Alastriona cried as she felt arms encircle her waist, keeping her afloat.

She blinked dozens of times before she finally began seeing and she saw Cedric.

"Cedric!" She cried out, she wasn't sure if she was still panicking or if she was relieved. 

"I've got you!" He called again, he began swimming, holding Alastriona tightly as he did, he seemed pissed off. 

It was then Alastriona realised she could hear other things, the splashing of the water that Cedric was making with one arm and the cheers of hundreds of people. 

There had been stands built in the middle of the Great Lake, all connected and holding all the spectators of this tournament. 

Alastriona clutched onto Cedric's shirt, unwilling to let go.
On the edge of the platform that was part of the floating stadium there was a ladder and Cedric had reached it and guided Alastriona to it.

Once she was up on the stadium he climbed up as well and was immediately in front of her.
He cupped her face and pushed the hair out of her pale, freckled cheeks, it took a moment for Alastriona to realise he was checking her for injuries.

"Alastriona, bloody hell." He breathed out in relief before pulling her in for a fierce hug. When he pulled back he was looking pissed off again. "I can't believe they put you down there—" He ran a hand through his hair, his mind still reeling from the moment he'd seen her in the lake, a sickly pale and all alone.

Alastriona felt someone drop beside her and she saw Madame Pomfrey at her side, "Your sweater, dear, take it off and I'll give you a blanket and a little potion." While Alastriona did as she was told she wrapped Cedric in a thick blanket and gave him a small potion as well.

She then wrapped Alastriona up in another warm blanket and gave her the same potion as well, Alastriona felt the effects immediately, instantly warmer and less exhausted than before.

Cedric came closer to her, "Seriously, who let you down there?" He asked, unable to think of anything else.

"It's okay, Cedric," Alastriona reassured him, "you got me. You saved me, I'm safe now." She glanced around, she could see people waiting to come congratulate Cedric but couldn't see any other Champions besides Fleur — the French girl she was struggling against Madame Maxine, it seemed she was trying to get back into the lake, she must not have found her sister.

"Cedric, I think you came first!" Alastriona said, grinning at Cedric she launched at him and hugged him tightly before letting him go. She stood up on wobbly legs but Cedric was by her side and steadied her. 

Alastriona was caught off guard when a body flew into her, it was Darcy. No one hugged quite as tight as Darcy. 

Darcy was pushed out of the way and Theo was in front of her, he picked her up and spun her and placed her carefully back on the ground, "Little Red—" 

Theo was cut off when Blaise unexpectedly demanded a hug as well and he pulled her close and then smiled down at her when he stepped back. "When we realised it was you-" He shook his head. "It was just like that day at the lake." He hugged her again before letting her go and Alastriona saw Draco standing stiffly just an arms length away. 

Alastriona sniffed and then walked steadily to Draco, when she was right in front of him, her shoes were nearly touching his shoes she just let her head flop onto his chest.
Draco didn't move at first. But then over Alastriona's head he saw all his mates staring expectantly at him, and he saw Cedric glaring at him, as if daring him to harm Alastriona in any way.