Chapter Thirteen

Darcy and Alastriona, like most of the castle, were up early that Saturday morning so they could view who was entering the tournament.

Alastriona stopped suddenly as they were walking down the hall. "I've got to go to the bathroom, I'll meet you in there." She said and Darcy nodded with a wide grin, "Would you stop looking at me like that?"

Darcy shrugged, "I can't help it, you're finally going on a date with him, I'm allowed to be excited. See you in there."
Alastriona chuckled and went to the bathroom, did her business and came out, walking right into someone as she did. She was about to apologise but just rolled her eyes instead as she found herself face to face with Pansy Parkinson, Millicent Bulstrode and Tracey Davis, Slytherin girls who were in the same year as her.

"Good morning, Parkinson, Bulstrode, Tracey." Alastriona greeted them casually and went to walk away but Pansy grabbed her arm and pulled her back. Alastriona's right hand flew to her hair and she instantly clutched onto her wand just in case.

Pansy let go of her but Alastriona didn't leave just yet, not wanting to turn her back on the girl. "We need to talk." Pansy stated.

"You need a tutor?" Alastriona guessed.

Pansy glared at her, "No." She spat out. "You need to stay away from Draco, you're no good for him." Alastriona just stared at her blankly, she actually couldn't believe Pansy was still going on about this. Pansy rolled her eyes, "If his parents find out about you they'll disown him, and the Malfoy name will be disgraced because of your filthy blood."

To Pansy's surprise Alastriona smiled and shrugged, "Go tell Draco that, I'm sure he can think for himself and make up his own mind, Parkinson."

Pansy took a step closer and attempted to use her height to intimidate Alastriona. "I don't think you understand, Breen, you're going to leave Draco alone or I'm going to make sure you're never around him again." She threatened venomously.

"Do your worst, Parkinson." Alastriona challenged her, Pansy's eyes flickered down and she paled as she saw Alastriona's wand pointed right at her heart.

Alastriona smiled, winked and walked away, hand still clutching her wand tightly.

She sat down with Darcy in the Great Hall and they had some toast as Alastriona told her about Pansy cornering her.

"I seriously hate that girl." Darcy growled and bit aggressively into her toast. "Do you think you should take her seriously?" Darcy asked, once she swallowed her toast.

"No, I don't think so, but if I ever think she'll do something I'll just go to Professor Sprout or Professor Dumbledore." Alastriona waved to Dawn from across the hall.

"Or Professor Moody, he's tough." Darcy said, Alastriona was taken aback by the respect she heard from Darcy saying that.

"I don't know," Alastriona hummed, "there's something about him that doesn't feel right."

"That's because he turned Draco into a ferret." Darcy said, holding back a snicker.

Dawn approached and the girls grinned at her, "Morning, Dawn." Alastriona greeted.

"Exciting, isn't it?" She said happily, "I can't wait for it to begin." Dawn's eyes were fixated on the goblet.

"Will you enter, Dawn?" Alastriona asked.

Dawn laughed softly and shook her head, "No, don't really feel the need but I'm looking forward to supporting the Hogwarts champion, whoever they may be. I have a feeling they'll need the support."

Alastriona stood up and stretched, "I've got to go to the owlery, who's coming with me?" Both Darcy and Dawn decided to go with her which made Alastriona grin.