Chapter Twenty

"His eye is on you again..." Darcy whispered to Alastriona, she was right, Professor Moody's magical eye had temporarily settled on the red-headed Hufflepuff but Alastriona didn't have to look up from her work to know that, she could always feel him watching her.

"I know." She whispered her reply.

Professor Moody was getting on her last nerve.

Darcy let it go, deciding she could be creeped out enough for the both of them.

Alastriona finished her notes on Erklings just in time when the bell rang.

Darcy stood up ready to leave but Alastriona lingered, "I'll meet you in the Great Hall, Darcy."

Darcy hesitantly left her friend alone with the professor.

Alastriona stood up and waited for Professor Moody as the remainder of the class left.

"Something I can help you with, Breen?" He didn't even turn around from the blackboard, wiping it clear manually, without magic.

"You've been watching me." She stated, arms crossed defensively. 

Professor Moody turned around, both eyes settling on the small girl, "You could say I've been keeping an eye on you." His voice was rough and he mimicked her pose, folding his arms over his chest.

Alastriona huffed, "Why?"

"I knew your mother, girl, I know when to keep a look out for madness settling in."

Alastriona held herself back from swearing at him for his thinly veiled accusation, she glared at the professor, "I'm not going mad!"

"And how would you know, eh?" He growled, stomping closer to her, "You weren't around when it happened were you?"

"Neither were you!" Alastriona hissed back at him. 

This stumped Professor Moody but he recovered quickly, "Maybe not, but I've spoken to enough people to know what to look out for."

Alastriona panted heavily, trying to keep her emotions in check. "I am not like her. I am not going mad!" She growled out through clenched teeth.

"Is that right?" He questioned, she nodded and gritted her teeth when he sneered at her. "Do you ever feel an anger rise up? You ever feel like you won't be able to control it? Like it's swimming around just under the surface and one little slip up will let everyone see it? You get that from your mother."

"You know what? I do feel it!" She snapped. "Every time I see you all I can imagine is what it would feel like to finally be rid of you!" She got right up into Mad-eye Moody's face. "You better hope that magical eye works while you sleep Moody, or I'll be testing it out!" 

Alastriona spun around and marched out of the room before Professor Moody could say anything else.