Chapter Twenty-Six

Tracey Davis jumped into a boat, eyes flickering around desperately trying to find a red head amongst the crowd or even the platinum blonde boy who was usually by her side. 

As soon as the boat was close enough to shore she launched out into the water and ran up the hill scanning everyone. She was a flash of red and a flash of blonde. Tracey sprinted across and yelled, "Alastriona!" She came to a halt when the students parted.

It was Ginny Weasley. Flanked by Fred and George. Tracey panted and ran a stressed hand through her hair.

The Weasley's stared at her. Her eyes flickered again and she saw that platinum blonde hair walking towards her, a frown etched onto his face. "Draco!"

He pushed past a few people, as soon as he was in reach Tracey grabbed his sweater in her clammy palms, "Have you seen Alastriona?" She demanded to know.

The Weasley's had been about to leave but stopped when they heard Alastriona's name. 

Draco frowned, "What— No, no Darcy said she'd gone back to get her sweater..." Draco started to panic when Tracey's breath hitched, "Tracey, what's going on?"

Tracey's eyes were wide with sheer terror and she started backing up towards the lake, "I— I thought she'd left, oh Merlin..."

"Tracey..." Draco cautioned, "What's happening?"

"It's Pansy. She wants to push Alastriona into the lake!" Tracey took off, sprinting back to the Great Lake!

"Shit!" Draco cursed. He turned to the nearest person, Ginny Weasley. "Go get a professor! Please!" He called to her and she took off to the castle.

Draco turned and ran off to the lake, quickly catching up with Tracey. He heard footsteps pounding behind him and saw Fred and George running down too.

At the crest of the hill Draco looked down and saw Pansy standing in front of Alastriona on the small boat and then, in the next moment, Alastriona's body hit the water.

"No!" Draco yelled and ran down the hill.

He couldn't believe Pansy would do this.
His legs burned but he had to get to her! He had to make it! Draco, Fred and George arrived right as Pansy and Millicent pulled up in the boat. George was quick to disarm them and take Alastriona's wand back.

Draco and Fred dove into the water where they'd seen Alastriona fall.

George was holding his breath.
Footsteps thundered down the hill.

Ginny had brought the cavalry, Headmaster Dumbledore, Professor Sprout, Professor McGonagall and Madame Pomfrey.

Madame Pomfrey rushed to George's side, "How long has she been under?" She was trying to remain calm but the thought of that small girl drowning...

"Two, maybe three minutes." George struggled to get out.

There was a splash and then a massive disturbance in the water. Fred and Draco emerged, each holding one of Alastriona's arms, they began desperately dragging her unconscious body through the water.

As soon as they reached the shore Madame Pomfrey was there, kneeling in the water she assessed the young girls body. She wasn't breathing!

Draco flopped down on Alastriona's other side and grabbed her hand, hanging on for dear life.

Madame Pomfrey waved her wand, starting at Alastriona's lungs and moving up to her mouth.

Everyone was silent as they watched lake water being pulled from Alastriona mouth. Madame Pomfrey then emptied two different vials into Alastriona's mouth.