Chapter Four

Alastriona had tears streaming down her face but they were getting soaked up by Uncle Finn's flannel jacket.

Finn sniffed but managed to hold back his tears.
"It's all right, lass, I'll see you for Christmas and as soon as you send Arwen with a letter I promise I'll write back the very same day." He reassured her, running a large hand over her curled locks.

"I know, I know." Alastriona said, her voice muffled by her uncle's jacket.

Finn held onto his niece a little tighter. "If anything happens -- if you want to come home, I swear I will find a way to come and get you, okay?" He forced her to look him the eyes. "I need you to swear to me, Alastriona, swear you'll reach out to me."

Alastriona nodded and wiped her tears on her sleeve. "I swear, Uncle Finn." She promised him. Alastriona kissed her uncle's cheek, "I love you." She said with a smile.

Finn kissed the top of her head and said, "I love you too."
Once Finn let go of Alastriona he saw Darcy hovering awkwardly behind her.
Finn didn't waste a second and drew Darcy in for a hug, he ran a hand over her dark shoulder length hair, he'd taken her to the hairdresser just the other day.

"The same goes for you, Darcy." He whispered into her ear. "I'm just an owl away, lass."
Finn cupped her cheek and smiled, glancing at Alastriona he said, "Look after each other, okay? I love you both."
Finn waved goodbye to both the girls.

Darcy gripped Alastriona's hand firmly in hers and they both waved at Finn until they climbed onto the Hogwarts Express. Once on the train Darcy hugged Alastriona tightly and smiled at her when she pulled away.

"Should we find a compartment?" Darcy asked softly.

Alastriona sighed and ran a hand over her tired face. "I've got to go to the Prefects cabin, meet the other Prefects..." She trailed off.

Darcy didn't know how to help her. "I'm sorry, Red, I know you don't want to do this." She said, feeling helpless.

"I just wish she'd asked me..." Alastriona whispered softly. She cleared her throat and nodded at Darcy, "I'll see you later."
Alastriona turned and left. She found herself to be the last Prefect to enter and she was pleasantly surprised with her fellow Prefects.

Of course she'd already known about Draco becoming one but Alastriona smiled when she saw Tracey Davis by his side.
Alastriona ran to her and hugged her immediately, taking Tracey by surprise.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Alastriona demanded to know.

Tracey shrug, a blush rising to her cheeks. "Thought I'd surprise you." She replied meekly.
Alastriona glanced at the other faces around her.

Ernie Macmillan rose and gave her a quick hug before sitting back down.
Anthony Goldstein and Padma Patil, the new Ravenclaw Prefects gave her a small wave and a pitiful smile that Alastriona ignored.
Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley said hi to her as well. Hermione stood and quickly hugged her before sitting down again.

Alastriona sat in between Draco and Ernie and she gripped Draco's hand tightly in hers as the Head Boy and Head Girl instructed them of their duties.
Alastriona paid no attention and instead focussed on the feel of Draco's soft hand in hers.

Alastriona knew that if Pansy hadn't attacked her last year that it would probably be her in this compartment right now and not Tracey and she found herself weirdly grateful that it happened.