Chapter Eleven

Alastriona was sat on the soft arm chair in the library, legs across Draco's lap, he absently ran his hand up and down her leg and she slowly worked through her Herbology assignment.

Theo plopped down into the arm chair near them. "Umbridge approved the Slytherin Quidditch team."

Draco nodded. "I know."

Theo threw his arms around. "How'd you find out before me?"

Draco gave him a blank stare. "I'm on the Quidditch team, Theo."

"Right!" He snapped his fingers and relaxed back into the chair.

"I was there when she approved it, I think she mainly did because she knows my father." His voice dropped low and he focused on his hands running over Alastriona's legs.

Alastriona hummed. "That could be a good thing."

"Explain?" Draco said with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, staying on her good side could be useful." She said sheepishly.

He arched a pale brow at her. "To keep her off your tail while you have secret meetings with Potter?"
Silence.

Theo and Alastriona exchanged panicked looks. Alastriona stuttered.
"I was going to tell you--"

"Were you?" He didn't sound angry and his hand was still going up and down her leg, she took this as a good sign.

Alastriona pulled herself closer to him. "Yes."

Draco smiled. "I know. I just didn't want you to worry about telling me."

Theo breathed out a sigh of relief. "Great! So you'll keep an eye on Umbridge for us?"

"Of course." He saw blank spaces on Alastriona's parchment. "You haven't written about their function in potions." He reached out and grabbed her hand. He let out a huff, the skin on her left thumb red, raw and peeling. "Love..."

She took her hand back. "I know. I'm trying."

Theo ran a hand through his sandy blonde hair. "Nightmares?" Alastriona knew he was all too familiar with the concept of sleepless nights.

She smiled pathetically. "Not even a Sleeping Draught is helping anymore." She hated the silence that followed and she cleared her throat. "My grandparents wrote to me, they'll be coming to our house for Christmas this year and they'd like to meet everyone." She grinned at Draco. "And Uncle Finn really wants to meet you."

Theo grinned, casually accepting the change of topic. "Oh, count me in! I definitely need to see that, Draco meeting your uncle... Brilliant."

Draco squirmed a little. "Should I... be worried?"

Alastriona couldn't help but laugh. "No, not at all. He's a gentle giant and he just wants to meet you cause me and Darcy are always talking about you."
Theo cleared his throat.

Alastriona rolled her eyes. "He's already met you, Theo, but yes, we talk about you as well."

Theo grinned. "Just checking."

Hurried footsteps rushed over to the group and Alastriona smiled at Susan.
"Alastriona--" She said, out of breath. "Common Room-- Darcy--"

Alastriona stood up, the boys sat up straight and leaned forward. "What's wrong with Darcy?"

Susan finally caught her breath. "She's just broken up with Lee."

"