chapter five

TW : sexual assault

A week of suspension felt like a toture, not fun at all. But atleast I was able to walk around at 5am and get myself a cup of that $2 coffee they sell across the street, they said it was overhyped but yet I can't tell why. Up until i realized why, i was awake up all night thinking that the coffee was bad for me.

Too bad i was awake all night the past three days thinking how am i going to respond with

"kinda want my jacket back."

Text from Moe.

I didn't even know how she got my number.

My head was a mess, hating on her for one moment and now i am back into thinking about if me and Moe could still be friends. I have always been afraid of being truthful to her, i am afraid that if she finds out about Noah she will finally distance herself away from me and even much worse, i might loose her for real this time.

The guilt that was building over me for the last 2 years, i cannot deny how it was killing me everyday. But i was glad they were over, and up to this day I have always been afraid of Noah telling her the truth.

It was to get rid of Moe, to get rid of this feeling.

I catch myself going back and forth at the same message, itching like my phone is a bunch of mosquitos biting me over and over again.

"Heather?"

My father spoke, i thought he was busy eating but he noticed how uncomfortable I am just as always.

"Can you tell me what's wrong?"

He placed his fork down beside his plate, his eyeglasses too while he chew his food slowly waiting for my answer.

"Can i go for a run outside?"

I took a deep breath after my question, knowing it was past my curfew. He gave me a gentle nod without hesitations that surprised me.

"Just be back by 11."

When he left, i finally got to breathe fully as i hold in my excitement.

I sprint back into my room and slipped on a grey hoodie, on my other arm where Moe's jacket is. My phone slipped inside my pocket as i went out the front door closing the door behind me.

My arms occupied by Moe's jacket, i was starting to wonder why i was itching to give it back to her, though the route to her house was a little blurry in my head now.

"Heather you're a fucking idiot."

I whispered to myself before glancing back into Moe's jacket, all this trouble because it was killing me to give her jacket back knowing I can give it back to her at school.

"You're already out, you can't back out."

I felt crazy talking to myself right now, but that coffee must've hit different cause i am experience palpitations right now.

The more i walk, the more i felt my chest beating as if it wanted to jump and escape. Their house just a street away so it's not very much of a trouble, but could be at this hour. So i fastened my steps almost running as the lamp posts guide my way to Moe's house.

I don't even think palpitations are supposed to make you nervous, but as soon as I remembered the same front porch, i felt my stomach turned upside down.

"You're here now you psycho, just knock, give and leave."

I repeated to myself four more times before taking steps that felt like forever up their front porch, my heart willingly wanted to escape as I made the first knock.

My eyes are even closed during it.

Nobody answered, so i knocked two more times but nobody answered too. So i decided it was time for me to get back home before my dad calls me.

I felt defeated for some reason, i guess i was missing her presence as a ridiculous person would say after punching her across the face.

"I don't think it's alright for a girl to be walking alone at this hour ey?"

A guy who was twice my height approached me, i felt my hand gripped through Moe's jacket.

I tried to ignore him and fastened my walks but i could hear him behind me fastening his pace the same way as I am, my heart beating anxiously this time and my eyebrows knitting as I tried to calm down in my situation.

"Hey, don't be rude i was offering you a ride home."

He popped infront of me startling me, my breathing got faster and heavier as I tried to avoid him one more time but this time he grabbed my arm and pulled me.

(TW :)

I am now in trouble because of this jacket.

Probably my last night for real this time.

"Sir, please let me go.."

My forehead sweaty and my legs started to tremble as i felt him grabbed me by behind.

"Shhh..don't move too much."

He whispered to my ear.

My distance isn't that far away from Moe's house, but just my luck she's probably not home and what is she even going to do in a situation like this, i was not her problem anymore.

He slipped his hand on my mouth to cover it as hot tears started to fell down my cheeks, my whole body stiffening as i did nothing but shiver and whine while he sexually assaulted me.

My breathing became un even as i started to hyperventilate, but he was not letting me go. So i snapped out of my thoughts and bit his hand that was covering my mouth as hard as i can till her finally screamed and let go of my mouth.

"HELP!"

"MOE-"

Tears were all over my face as he pulled me back struggling, i had no choice, but calling her name would never work anyways. She was just the person inside my head right now, i slipped but that didn't mattered anymore cause i couldn't fight back.

I was starting to go weak and loose hope, i probably will wake up tomorrow or not. It's a dice to be rolled but my faith is right in front of me. My mouth covered as i let out screams forcefully almost draining all my energy out.

Surely i was alone and that man, but he immediately screamed in pain as i heard a loud gun shot just infront of me, assuming someone heard my scream and called the police. He held his thigh and bite his lip containing his screams as he held his wounded thigh.

He lets go of his grip on me and I was finally free, i thought about running away while looking back making sure he wasn't going to limp and follow me, that decision didn't last good very long as i bumped into a body making me fell into the ground, using my elbows as a support.

"Moe.."

She came.

"I am sorry.."

It was the first three words that came out of her mouth.

Her right hand gripping a gun tightly, as she left me walking back to the guy who assaulted me and without any other word out of her mouth, she shot his other leg making him impossible to escape now.

"Get up."

She said coldly as she dialed her phone and called 911.