chapter eighteen

2 months ago

"how was Moe?"

Noah asked me on our way to our next class, he noticed the dark bags underneath my eyes so he started to get concerned.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

I gave him a nod, i was actually not.

The night i found out that the hospital was demanding a full payment for her therapy sessions, i knew i needed to take a night shift in the next few months which i did.

I found a job at the doughnut shop right in the city, i didn't tell Moe about anything yet and the money that her dad is giving is only buying her, her medicines. So i was worried she wouldn't be able to do anymore therapy sessions anymore and it'll affect on her recovery.

Living in so much fright, i had to deal at night so i kept asking Lucy once in a while to drive me instead of driving alone, i felt more safe driving with someone it gets me less paranoid. I had to put a pocket knife tucked in my socks every time, the longer, the more i realized how terrible and hard her situation is running and fighting for something that her brother left behind.

we could've been better now.

I felt even more of a shit after leaving her for so long.

"Have you eaten?"

I sat down beside her bed, she looks better and her hair is up into a messy bun and the doctor updated me on her stitched wound.

"Yeah, did you?"

She asked me, i gave her a nod. I lied, i wasn't yet and infact to add i am tired.

"I wouldn't ask you to visit me more often anymore, i want you to focus on prom and finals."

She placed her hand on my cheek and rub the gently.

"That doesn't bother me, seeing you everyday is what i am looking forward to.."

I placed my hand above her hand.

"Your eyes...are you even sleeping, Heather?"

"No..do you even take care of yourself?"

Her eyebrows met in concerned, i didn't wanna make her feel worse by adding to her worries. I knew she worries enough for my safety and her recovery, i don't want her to worry about my being too.

"It's okay, i am fine don't worry."

The truth is, i barely done any work at school and is mostly asleep in my morning classes. Got 3 detentions the past month for being caught.

I forced a smile to reassure her.

"i see.."

it seemed to convince her.

"I love you."

It was the first time she did, i could feel my entire body went alive from exhaustion.

"I-i love you too.."

My heart fluttered, she took the back of my head and pulled it close to her chest.

-

Moe

Heather..

she loves me very much, but does she even feel that i do too?

I treated her bad, because i don't know how to handle a relationship i knew i couldn't stay with. It breaks me, the thought of me wanting her for a very long time seemed like a huge odd to her and to me.