chapter one

Heather

"GRAB THE END OF THE ROPE LUCY!"

Physical Education sucks, really sucked. It's draining all my energy assuming i'll barely make it out alive in this class.

"I AM TRYING JUST PULL HARDER!"

I rolled my eyes before my weak slender arms gave up, sweat dripping down my face as I felt my whole body quiver in exhaustion.

"MOE FUCKING TRAUX RULES!"

A girl who had dreadlocks screamed as she carried Moe who was busy celebrating with the rest of her friends.

"That shit sucks."

I whispered to myself as i tried to dust myself off.

"Yeah it does, that girl always wins this type of games."

Lucy offered her hand at me, helping me step right back to my feet.

I glanced at Moe who suddenly popped up a middle finger infront of her friends.

My eyes darted on her new group of friends, i used to see them all the time inside the principal's office and the other one looked like he sells molly but let's stay positive and hope he isn't.

A tug on my arm from Lucy convinced me it was time to go to the girl's locker room and change back to my school clothes for the next class.

My sweaty hair and face made me uncomfortable, so i decided a shower would be good but every girl is hugging the shower rooms so I had no choice but to wait.

This bench chair sucks too, it's cold as fuck.

Eyes all on the shower rooms waiting for a vacant one, Moe caught my eyes. Her PE uniform was slung around her neck.

"the fuck.."

My eyebrows furrowed at her choice of words, i quickly moved my stare away and started fidgeting the end of my blonde hair.

"who took my fucking cigarettes out.."

She whispered, but close enough for me to hear. My eyes widened, i never knew anyone could sneak cigarette inside, especially i am hearing it from Moe.

Moe promised me back then she would stop taking alcohol, but she developed a new one for years without me.

"You, you were staring at me."

she can't even say my name.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, i just came up here and have no idea what you're saying."

It was our first conversation in 5 years..

I turned to her and finally get to see her face closer than earlier, she was wearing a black crop top, jeans and a doc martens.

Her hair thrown into a ponytail with a few strand of her curls peeking down her face.

Instead of leaving me alone, she half smiled at me and started giving me couple of glares as she looked around behind me.

"Seriously do i look like i smoke?!"

I shouted at her.

"I never said i was looking for a pack of cigarettes."

I do understand why she was mad at me, but i didn't know she would turn and switch on me like this.

She took my arm and gripped it as tight as she could before throwing me outside the girl's locker room, my back hitting the cold wall brick having a sensation of a slight pain on my back.

My breathing starting to tremble, she was far different now from what she used to be. But i understand where her anger is coming from and i hope she knows it's breaking me.

"I don't like people going through my stuff, especially those i don't know and looked like they suck teachers dicks to get an A plus."

"Moe.."

"stop saying my name."

I could feel my tears edge, my chest tightening as i feel her grip starting to loosen up.

Her face inches away from mine, i tried not to breathe almost feeling my head spinning.

She let's go of my arm, i can feel her fingers gripping on it still, and i bet it's red already. She left me alone infront of the girl's shower room without saying anything.

And what's even better is that the bell rang the moment I stepped on the girl's shower, i could feel my tears finally escaping down my cheeks as she walks away.

The moment she did, she pulled out the pack of cigarettes out of her pockets and stuck one inside her mouth without even looking back at me.

My fists clenched, i understand why she's throwing her anger at me like this but that never gave her an excuse to treat me like we've never had something good before.

"MOE!"

She stopped, her heels twisting back to face me. She rolled her eyes and tucked her hands inside her pockets.

my entire fist was on fire as it trembles, my walking becoming faster than as i approach Moe standing right across from me, my adrenaline all over the place and without knowing it, my fist landed on her side cheek almost making her fall to the ground.

Everything went blurry from there, even my eyes were as i tightly close them while i let the rest of my tears fall down. And it made me wonder if everything really was my fault.

She turned in a delinquent, into somebody else that was far from the Moe i used to love.