chapter nine

Moe

"please don't go Matt."

My eyes blurred as i felt the hot tears edge, i stopped wishing he would stop but I was hoping he would stay for me. But he took his bag and slung it around his shoulder.

"Your brother will be back home soon, after this is all over i would quit and i would get a real job then i would he taking care of you, okay?"

My heart pounded when he held my hand, i didn't want him to go.

"Matt just let them do it!"

"what if..what if i lost you, who am i to come home to?"

I could see Matt's eyes, he didn't wanted to go too i can tell. But he forcefully let go of my hand and shut the door behind him. He left so quick I didn't even got the chance to stop him.

Leaving me alone, i was left in tears while I watch him walk away not wanting to do anything with anybody, or anything else. I stood up and watch him from the window as he slowly disappears from the distance.

It was the last time that i saw him alive.

-

"Moe what the fuck, pass me over the lighter."

Serina snatched the lighter off my hand, i was busy bothered with my thoughts while we hang in our usual spot behind the school to smoke cigarettes.

"You good bro?"

She asked me while inhaling the debris from her cigarette.

"Just..busy thinking."

I took my back off leaning the wall.

"You and that Heather girl, what's up?"

Serina has never interrogated me about Heather, nor she didn't know our past. None of my new friends does.

"do not tell me you're starting to like her, you know you can't keep anyone right?"

She smirked while she blew her cigarette on my face.

"It's not that, i am afraid he'll come after her."

Going back when I found Heather getting assaulted by a man, quickly I had a feeling they found out that I had something to do with her. I usually underestimate their capabilities, but the last time I used the gun was to save Heather and the first one was to save myself.

"they won't, as long as you don't stick together all the time."

"we'll watch her for you, if you like."

Serina raised her fist for me mine to meet, i half smiled at her and gave her a pump.

"yeah, sure do that."

-

Heather

It was an entire day of me thinking about Moe, why she's ignoring me again like we didn't shared anything the past week. I was hopeful after she saved me, that finally we'll be back just like we used too. But i am convinced she isn't planning to do that.

"Heather, everything alright?"

Lucy furrowed her eyebrows, her hands both occupied while she hugs two books against her chest while we both made our way to our next class.

"Is it because i didn't sat with you at lunch? darn, i knew you were upset.." 

"No, it's not that Lucy i am probably just not myself today, i am gonna try and figure out why."