chapter seventeen

She grips my hair tight, thinking she was the one who took a shot. Then i noticed her grip started to loose and my heart racing. I stared at her, tears started falling down her eyes.

"you really don't know how to listen.."

She whispered to me, my hand shook as i felt gushes of blood running down my hands.

she was shot.

Two men caught the corner of my eyes, i couldn't control my breathing as Moe fell right into my arms.

I started crying, my whimpers echoing through the empty football field. Took minutes before a group of people started rescuing her, they told me they heard several gun shots while walking past by.

But i could barely hear them, my hearing was blurred and i couldn't feel my head, my hands trembling while they left me kneeling down the grass with Moe's blood on my hands.

I didn't know what happened next, i found myself sitting down in my living room with my hands pinkish still after washing them in the police station's bathroom, her crimson red blood left stains on me and my shirt.

"Where were you the entire night.."

My dad, who was walking back and forth since I got here. I haven't talked since, they wouldn't even let me see Moe yet.

"The police station called me, you haven't spoke since you got home and you got blood stains all over you.."

I eyed on my mother who was holding her tears.

"Heather...speak to me, what is going on?"

I jerked my right leg continously, my hands ran through my hair, i couldn't think straight.

"I didn't wanna be here, so i left."

I stood up and glared at the two of them before running to my room to change my clothes, i came back down running to the door.

"If you're leaving, don't come back anymore..."

My dad warned me, i looked at him for a few seconds. I know it burdens him to see me in this situation, i hope i can explain to him but I couldn't.

So i left and went to the hospital where Moe was admitted, it was a relief when the doctor informed me that she was doing well just lucky enough the bullet was far from serious damage.

But i wasn't allowed to enter the room, i was noticed too that there were officers who were asking Moe about her unlicensed gun.

"Your friend is positive from containing illegal substances in her blood, do you know about that?" 

One of the officers stood right in front of me, he has papers on his hands where he writes down everything.

"Not aware, sir."

I gulped.

She's taking drugs?

Has an unlicensed gun.

Got a shot on her back, and had two men running after her to kill her.

"I am sorry, but can i please talk to her?"

The two policemen nodded at me, i walk to her room where she was busy adjusting her dextrose.

"I am not expecting you to be here anymore after those officers talked to you."

She told me.

"i am glad you're fine, but you have to tell me what's happening.."

She sighed, i took a chair to sit beside her.

"They're planning to take me to rehabilitation, since i am a minor and they're confiscating my gun."

It's not the response i was looking for.

"Moe, why was there two guys present when you got shot are they?"

I held her hand.

"Since you're already involved, i guess i have no choice.."

"They were people who are in my brother's organization, basically they didn't liked the idea of my brother leaving for a quiet life for me so they shot him dead and now they are after me.."

"And now they're after you too, they need to keep everyone shut dead."

She told me.

"Can we atleast convince them?"

"We can't, and even before you say a word they will shot you dead i tried doing that and it cost me the huge scar on my back."

I noticed her new shot was on her thigh, they were aiming for me and not her. She saved my life again.

"What do we do now?"

I asked her, i was betting she doesn't know what to do either.

"No Heather, what do i now."

"I am not letting you get hurt, and the only way to do that is for you to let go of me."

I held her hand even tighter, there is no way i am letting her go now. She needed me more now and if she needs to run away from them, i will be running away with her.

"no, you and me are the way out."

I told her.

"Promise me, Moe.."

Tears escaping down my cheeks, i took her hand with my both hands and kissed it gently.

"I promise.."

Her voice was faint.

"You'll go to rehab, and i will wait for you.."

She smiled at me, leaning in pressing her pinks lips againt mine.

"visit me everyday, i want to make sure you're okay and don't come out without anybody with you."

Moe told me before she kisses my forehead with a worried expression.

"I can't protect you, Heather.."

I reassured her i will be fine, then a few minutes later i was called outside for questioning. I left the hospital with Moe's kiss as a memory of her on my way back home.

-

"Heather you barely went out with me, it's getting ridiculous."

I shoved my things inside my bag, i was on my way to Moe so she wouldn't call me over and over again worrying. The last 2 months wasn't the best, i couldn't go out alone without feeling a silhouette. My body trembles everytime someone is behind me walking, so i kept a hidden pocket knife in my socks just incase.

My dad allowed me to drive his car, i barely went home anyways. Sometimes i'd spent nights watching on Moe sometimes i go home when i feel like i needed to. I felt the how my father is worried about my being but he always just let me be.

My mother on the other hand, i still haven't talked to her since and i think she understand now why. My dad probably don't think about being alone anymore and that's what's important, he is happy that she's just back. It was enough for him.

Both of my hands occupied with a bag filled with her new washed clothes and food, i was walking in the hospital hallway with a smile on my face.

"Moe-"

I opened the door using my elbow, surprised to see an empty bed, a dextrose with blood all over it and a bed gown that was taken off.

Moe's gone..