28.Lost memory

Please VOTE, dear readers. I'm an innocent author who gave you an update back to back....pretty please😍😍😍🙏🙏🙏

Yadhu's POV

"How is my wife, Dr.Vijay?"I asked in a trembling voice.

"Yadhu...You are a doctor, and you have seen her condition. She has a severe concussion on her head and an injured hand. As of now, the baby has survived the fall...she is a fighter. But I can say about your wife's health only after she wakes up. I don't want to keep you in the dark, Yadhu. She can go into a coma if she doesn't wake up in the next 48 hours. I have done my best...now all we can do is pray for her recovery," he tried to console me and left as I sat down in front of the ICU like a lost man.

My tears were non-stop since the time we brought Kani to the hospital. I felt useless seeing her in such a condition. I stood there like a statue when Kani was taken to the OT by Arjun and Shreya. Only my body was present physically there, but I was not aware of what was going around me. My mind was with my Kani, who was struggling for her life inside the OT.

Arjun assisted Dr.Vijay in the surgery while Shreya stood by my side all the time, trying to comfort me. But I was inconsolable. Grandpa was devastated hearing the news, and he reached the hospital despite his weak condition just to be with me.

"Arjun,Take Shreya home.She is tired. It's not good for her to sit here for so long, "I told Arjun as we were waiting outside the ICU.

"I'm not going anywhere, Yadhu, and I'm not tired. How can I rest peacefully at home when Kani is in such a condition," Shreya protested.

"Shreya can rest in her cabin, Yadhu. Don't worry, "Arjun said softly. He was equally worried for Kanika, and he was the only person whose presence of mind brought Kani to the hospital on time. I would always be thankful to Arjun.

"Arjun, Yadhu is right. Take Shreya home. This hospital environment is not suitable for her present condition. Already Kanika is suffering; I don't want to risk Shreya's health as well," grandpa said sternly.

"Listen to us. Take her back home, Arjun. I will inform you both when Kanika is awake," I added.

"Also, tomorrow is Shreya's baby shower. I don't want you both to miss out on your happy day," I said softly.

"Yadhu...just shut up. Do you think that we both are dying to celebrate the baby shower when our Kani is in this condition? "Arjun was annoyed at me.

"Arjun, Please...It's your parents' wish to celebrate the arrival of their first grandchild. They have craved long enough for a grandchild. Don't ruin it for them just because of me and Kani, "I tried to convince them both.

"Our parents aren't unreasonable, Yadhu. They know Kani's condition, and they know well that we are both not in a state to enjoy any celebration," Arjun huffed.

"Son, it's not just a day of celebration...it's also a day when the elders bless the baby's arrival. And Yadhu is right. You both should go and get the blessings of all your loved ones. It will be considered a bad omen if the baby shower gets canceled. And this old man won't be at peace if something bad happens to you as well," Grandpa caressed Shreya's hair lovingly.

"This is all that bitch's fault. I'm happy that she is in jail now. But I know her parents will bail her out by tomorrow. I'm going to rip out her head for destroying our happiness, "Arjun grimaced angrily. The same anger appeared in all of our faces as we all remembered the reason for Kani's current state. After a lot of convincing by grandpa and me, they both left reluctantly. And also, we managed to convince both Arjun and Shreya to go ahead with the baby shower.