29.Unknown Husband

Hi, dears...next update will be next week as I'm busy this week.🥺🥺🥺

Please Vote dearies...Love you all.🙏🙏🙏

I know many Ian fans want to kill me for not updating DTL; please understand that I need some time for that, but I will try to update by the second week of September. Or do you all want me to stop updating Untainted and start DTL?😍😍😍

Author's POV

"Papa...I lost him, papa. He is not mine anymore; he is not mine. Why didn't he wait for me, Priya aunty? Why should he have to marry her, papa? "Kanika sobbed, unable to control her emotions.

"Today was his marriage with her...I never expected it. I was waiting for the right time to reveal my love for him, but I guess I was too late," she wiped her tears in frustration.

"I don't know from when I started loving him. I used to hear my aunt and papa say that he was Nanda's from childhood, and I clung to that dream. Just to have a glimpse of him, I did my MBA in the US. But he never knew that I was always around him. Neither did he knew my whole life revolved around him. But his decision to marry someone else other than me has shattered me, aunty. Why did this happen to me?" Priya remembered how Kanika felt lost, unable to think straight.

"Nanda...Listen to me, sweetheart. He was not destined to be yours, dear. Forget about him, my sweet child. It's all my fault..it's because of me you blossomed love for him in your heart, Priya lamented.

Please, Nanda, stop crying, my darling. I can't bear to see you like this, love," Priya caressed a disheveled Kanika.

Kanika stood up, wiping her tears hastily.

"Please, aunty. Let me be alone for some time, "she took her car keys in haste.

"Kanika...No dear..you are not in a state of mind to drive. Don't go," Priya begged, seeing her niece's heartbroken condition.

"Sorry, aunty...I have to go somewhere. Please don't stop me. I will be back. Don't worry; I won't do anything crazy," she said, rushing outside.

"Nanda, stop, "Kanika's dad, who saw his daughter running out, yelled, sprinting behind her. Before Priya could stop them, they both sat inside the car and drove off, not knowing that car ride would change all of their lives that day.

Tears trickled down Priya's eyes, looking at her niece's photo.

"Priya," Dev called, slowly wiping his sister's eyes.

"Why are you still crying, Priya? Don't think about those bad days. Everything will be fine now," he consoled her.

"Fine...My Kanika is in this state because of that girl Anjali. And we are just hiding here, unable to show ourselves in the hospital. I'm a bad mother and an aunt. I cannot be with my child when she and my grandchild need me the most," she vented her frustration.

"Kanika is fine, and our grandchild is also OK. Though we can't visit her right now, I have been updated about her health every hour by Dr.Vijay," Dev assured his sister.

"Brother ...just believe me a few more days, and I will make sure that I will make everyone in that wretched family suffer starting with that whore, Anjali. She dares touch my precious children, and now I will make her pay for her sins, "Priya's eyes gleamed wildly.

"Priya, there's a small problem. According to the doctor, Nanda has got back her memories," he said, looking tense.

"Don't worry, brother. But yes, expect your stubborn daughter's phone call soon," Priya smiled teasingly at her brother when her cellphone started ringing, displaying a familiar number.