38.Diya

Please Vote, dear readers.😜😜😜🙏🙏🙏

2300 words ...long update❤❤❤

Some sensitive content is ahead. Read at your own risk.

I'm not keeping any vote target, but I want as many votes as the previous chapters. Only then will I update. So pretty please Vote fast.😌😌😌🥰🥰🥰

Thank you, readers, for completing the VOTE target this fast🙏🙏

Author's POV

Saran fluttered open his eyes with difficulty and stared into the white ceiling. He felt pain around his chest and hands as he slowly regained his consciousness. He recollected his conversation with his father before he fell unconscious.

Saran slowly took in the details of the room, and the view he saw in front of him made him extremely happy even in his painful condition. It was Yadhu...the son he yearned to beg forgiveness from standing near his bed discussing something with a nurse.

"Y-Ywadhu," Saran tried calling him out, but his tongue failed him as words were not coming out properly.

"Mr.Saran, don't strain yourself. Are you feeling any discomfort? You may experience pain since you underwent a bypass surgery hours back," Yadhu informed him with a straight face.

Tears leaked down Saran's face looking at Yadhu's emotionless face.

"S-Son...." he sobbed.

"Relax, Mr.Saran.don't think of anything. I'm your doctor now, and you are my responsibility. I don't want my patient's health to worsen. Nurse, please administer the sedative," he said and walked outside without another word. Saran felt pain and agony when he heard his son address him as Mr.Saran.He regretted ignoring his son but soon fell into sleep due to the effect of the sedation.

Yadhu came out of the ICU to see his grandpa, mom, Harsh, and Kanika waiting for him.

"How is Saran?" Grandpa asked him in worry.

"He is OK, grandpa. Nothing to worry about. He will be shifted to the private ward in two days, "Yadhu answered him.

"B-Brother, D-Dad...he ...will he?" Harsh stuttered, unable to face his brother.

"It's Dr.Yadhunandhan for you. He is fine now, but as you can see, the patient has suffered a massive heart attack. He needs proper care and rest. And there is a chance of infection, so don't let any visitors near him. I have done my duty as a doctor...Now you must take care of your father," he said calmly, stressing the word father. Harsh's face lowered in guilt and shame seeing Yadhu's cold expression. He had never seen his brother speak so emotionlessly to anyone. But then again, it was them who created this version of Yadhu.

"Come, grandpa, mom...let's go to my cabin...Yadhu said, holding a tired Kani's hands and leading the way while Harsh sat down there all alone, drowning in regret. Grandpa, Kani, and his mom rushed to the hospital when Harsh brought an unconscious Saran to the same place where Yadhu worked. Yadhu kept his resentment apart and took good care of Saran but only as a doctor.

"Yadhu, son...Are you angry at me for asking you to do Saran's surgery? "Grandpa whimpered as soon as he was seated opposite Yadhu in his cabin.

"Grandpa...I'm a doctor, and it's my duty to save a patient's life. It doesn't matter to me who my patient is, "Yadhu said with a soft smile while Priya looked on.

"Yadhu...I'm sorry I cannot abandon Saran at such a critical moment...after all, he is my son. If I leave him now, what will be the difference between Saran and me. I won't blame you if you want to hand over his case to another doctor," grandpa said gloomily.